Sorry of this is posted somewhere else, I know the forums are full of battery problem threads but I'm curious about others with this exact problem with the Phone showing as the highest drain with nothing else even coming close even though the phone has maybe made 1 call all day and was using IE11 and texting much much more

This is regarding my wife's 920
    Last edited by irvin792; 04-30-2014 at 01:45 AM.
    04-30-2014 01:28 AM
    How is your coverage in the area where you are? If signal is poor, and your device is searching for a signal, that will cause battery drain. If you have WiFi, anything that uses data will not show battery drain, but the phone will, since voice does not use IP at this time. Once LTE-Advanced is available, and phone calls are done via data, not voice, then there won't be any differences; however, at this point, voice uses mobile network, not WiFi, which would drain battery in areas where signal strength is low.
    04-30-2014 01:35 AM
    How is your coverage in the area where you are? If signal is poor, and your device is searching for a signal, that will cause battery drain. If you have WiFi, anything that uses data will not show battery drain, but the phone will, since voice does not use IP at this time. Once LTE-Advanced is available, and phone calls are done via data, not voice, then there won't be any differences; however, at this point, voice uses mobile network, not WiFi, which would drain battery in areas where signal strength is low.
    Signal is very good at home and work, before 8.1 was installed battery would last much longer. I have scoured the various threads and tried all the tips and fixes people suggest......i am at a total loss, my wife's 920 is dying in 5 hours.........where as my 1520 is running great, same if not better than 8.0

LTE however is not yet available at my home or our work area but AT&T "4G" is strong
    04-30-2014 01:44 AM
    Signal is very good at home and work, before 8.1 was installed battery would last much longer. I have scoured the various threads and tried all the tips and fixes people suggest......i am at a total loss, my wife's 920 is dying in 5 hours.........where as my 1520 is running great, same if not better than 8.0
    I have a 920, and I haven't noticed any differences in battery life between 8.0 and 8.1. I've never used battery saver.
    04-30-2014 01:46 AM
    I have a 920, and I haven't noticed any differences in battery life between 8.0 and 8.1. I've never used battery saver.
    Yea my 1520 is running great
    04-30-2014 01:51 AM
    Yea my 1520 is running great
    What settings is your wife using? Does she have NFC and location enabled? What apps does she have running in the background? Does she play a lot of games?
    04-30-2014 02:10 AM
    4 email accounts all set to manually sync

Internet sharing off

Lock screen timeout 1 min

Wi-Fi on

Bluetooth off

NFC off

Battery saver off (read that it may be a culprit)

Brightness automatic

Backup all off

Find my phone only second box checked

Sync my settings all off

Quiet hours off

Location on

Advertising ID on

Feedback enabled

Sunlight readability on

Touch sensitivity normal

Double tap to wake on

Glance off

Apps running in background : Cortana, Battery Saver, Internet Explorer, Facebook, Calendar, Here Drive+, Weather, OneDrive, Live Tile countdown, Chase Mobile, Skype

(7 above apps are not OS apps)

She never ever plays games

Sorry for the long post, trying to be thorough
    04-30-2014 02:53 AM