Wallet | I don't understand it?

Splacknuk

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
(Nokia Icon)
I don't quite understand the Wallet in WP8.1 ... perhaps it's just because it's beta...

Wallet shows me the debit card I use for Microsoft purchases, and aside from that, any time I want to add information to the wallet, it prompts me to purchase a third part app?

Am I not understanding how Wallet is used? Or is it just not a complete app yet?

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
(Nokia Icon)
I don't quite understand the Wallet in WP8.1 ... perhaps it's just because it's beta...

Wallet shows me the debit card I use for Microsoft purchases, and aside from that, any time I want to add information to the wallet, it prompts me to purchase a third part app?

Am I not understanding how Wallet is used? Or is it just not a complete app yet?

Wallet is a place for your payment options, you can add or remove payment options.

And some apps can add information about your payment options, for example, a bank app can add information about your credit card.

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
There are phone apps which I have linked to the Wallet feature/function like Walgreens, AMC Theatres and American Airlines which, while still link to Wallet, no longer are able to display the barcode/QR codes for these services any longer - in the Wallet.

Now I have to open each app individually to my Start Screen.

Logically, I think that MS must be changing things with their Wallet solution, but for me, I have lost features and the ability to utilize the Wallet in ways which worked OK in 8.0. I would expect that something would have been mentioned somewhere about these apps being "broken" by the update -- before I update. :/

Splacknuk

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I still keep hoping for something new with Wallet. I think I understand the premise of it, but it sure is pretty sparse at the moment! Hope they update this before the final release.

NMCynthia

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would want to put credit cards on their phone, that could so easily be stolen. I think that phones are stolen easier than physical wallets, though I could be mistaken. How can this be safe?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234