Exchange Active Sync + WP - disappointed

Marcin_S

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
So after much of a debate if I should switch from iPhone 5s, I was lucky enough to pick up a lightly used Lumia 928. This actually was after the WP 8.1 DP got released, so without even looking much at WP 8, I proceeded to install WP 8.1.
There is really nothing wrong with my iPhone, but I got an itch to try something with a bigger screen that was not Android; so here I am.
I have been tinkering around with setting my work e-mail (Exchange 2010) on my phone and surprisingly, I cant figure out how to sync Outlook notes, which surprisingly sync up just fine on my iOS device? Is this a bug in WP 8.1 or Microsoft is limiting EAS functionality on its own product? If this is the later one it is just beyond me to understand as to why they would do that? Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

Thanks

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
WP 8 doesn't support native note synchronization with exchange. Apps like notelook might work. Otherwise try evernote . It works for free on most platforms and there is a lot of features. OneNote is okay, but what I can see there is no free program for windows and beside Cortana support in I doubt it is better than EverNote

Sent from my Lumia 925 wp8.1 from Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
WP 8 doesn't support native note synchronization with exchange. Apps like notelook might work. Otherwise try evernote . It works for free on most platforms and there is a lot of features. OneNote is okay, but what I can see there is no free program for windows and beside Cortana support in I doubt it is better than EverNote

OneNote is free. Download OneNote 2013

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to say , but the idea that WP is better with other Microsoft product should ! Be a no brainer but imo eg office is way better on android

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
OneNote is much better than Evernote and it is on all major platforms. It is also free and ties nicely into your one drive account. Office 365 is different than the office for windows phone. I assume that once 8.1 is fully released they an office update will come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It is available on the latest version to Windows. Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 which was released a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcin_S

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to say , but the idea that WP is better with other Microsoft product should ! Be a no brainer but imo eg office is way better on android

Exactly my point. I was expecting that things like Exchange integration would work top notch with WP.I mean, do not get me wrong, WP got a lot of things right and I like the fact that for instance, I can set up out of office replace, forward a meeting, etc, but not having notes synced up is a bummer for me :(.

Marcin_S

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions about OneNote. I am a heavy OneNote user, and I like how it works on WP. Actually it works better on WP than iOS - for instance, on WP I am able to open the common attachments right from the notes; iOS does not allow for that and forced me to insert a lot of documents etc as print outs as I could not otherwise read them. Luckily, WP does not have such limitation, although, I would love to see support for other office documents (read only would be fine as a start) such visio and project. This alone could be a differentiating factor when picking up a mobile device for a lot of people and businesses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven