windows phone 8.1

DimitrisGrc

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello im in europe and im thinking to update my 520 to windows 8.1..someone who already had 8.1 on 520 lets talk about the positives and negatives..

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
If you want notification centre, cortana, transparent tiles and many other osum feautures then just go for it.

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
The only negative is the battery drains bit faster

No problem with battery on my Lumia 520 since upgrading to windows phone. I feel like the battery life has been improved.
On Cortana, honestly I expected more. I turned her off and turn on back my native language. Notification centre has been working well for me, hopefully things will get even better after official release of the wp8.1 with more apps to use in NC.
I am from Europe, and I have been pretty satisfied with using WP8.1 on my Lumia 520. Phone feels generally improved and better. Hoping to stay that way.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
No problem with battery on my Lumia 520 since upgrading to windows phone. I feel like the battery life has been improved.
On Cortana, honestly I expected more. I turned her off and turn on back my native language. Notification centre has been working well for me, hopefully things will get even better after official release of the wp8.1 with more apps to use in NC.
I am from Europe, and I have been pretty satisfied with using WP8.1 on my Lumia 520. Phone feels generally improved and better. Hoping to stay that way.
Good to hear that you happy with the update. 😁 Even i am very much satisfied with my Lumia 620 after the update. 😁

DimitrisGrc

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Im gonna stay with 8.0 black till microsoft give officially the update..with issues and bug fixes..

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I've not updated yet, only because some apps aren't yet compatible. Namely, MPAtool.
Whatsapp is apparently extremely buggy as well. Notifications don't work at all.

Lloydbm4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I've not updated yet, only because some apps aren't yet compatible. Namely, MPAtool.
Whatsapp is apparently extremely buggy as well. Notifications don't work at all.
Notifications work perfectly for me on my 520. Not sure how you can make a claim otherwise, especially since it appears you aren't even running 8.1?

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded to 8.1, not one bit of trouble with it...I wouldn't go back, can't...got used to Cortana, notifications, everything...no battery drain issues for me either in my L520

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Upgraded my 520, and it worked like a charm... and that's more mystifying than anything because my Lumia 1020's battery took a huge beating thanks to 8.1 and OH MY GOD the issues on the Lumia Icon are crazy.

Broad and Market

May 3, 2014
Visit site
It's working fine for me, I've had it for 3 days now and no major issues except that Cortana died for about two hours this afternoon and then came back after some fiddling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon