Windows Phone 8.1 ROM out yet?

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if it will come out sa ROM because technically we are still on Black (check if you don't believe me!) You will have to wait till Cyan comes out for a new ROM. ROMs come from Nokia, not Microsoft.
13894900397_08a93a40ee_o.jpg
14081599095_90f33a1be5_o.jpg

Last edited:

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
My thoughts: enjoy windows 8, then when windows 8.1 eventually arrives it will be like a new phone, so more to get used to, but then i am very new to windows phone, so im just enjoying it all

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You will get an OTA update sometime between June and August. You will downloaded this via your phone, WP is not like Android where you can download individual ROMs

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
MrWhiteman: how on Earth did u name ur phone? How can I do that?

via pc u can do that... Just connect your phone to pc and open my computer and then press f2 / right click on your connected phone and rename it to whatever you want..... Simple.... :)

ze5a4a2a

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This sort of delay is what's keeping WP out of the market share for a long time since 2012. WP8.1 should be released after the announcement, but instead we are forced to wait until August for the upgrade? Not even sure whether NL920 is going to even get the upgrade. Plus, Nokia is now owned by MS, so why is MS still delaying the release to real phones? This is even worse than iOS and Android!

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
This sort of delay is what's keeping WP out of the market share for a long time since 2012. WP8.1 should be released after the announcement, but instead we are forced to wait until August for the upgrade? Not even sure whether NL920 is going to even get the upgrade. Plus, Nokia is now owned by MS, so why is MS still delaying the release to real phones? This is even worse than iOS and Android!

Um...really? If you're familiar with how long it takes HTC/Samsung/LG to release upgrades after Google releases an Android upgrade, then you wouldn't be complaining.

Cyan is to Nokia Lumia's as Sense is to HTC, etc. It can take a LONG time...

Obviously you don't understand how it works...and sorry, but I'm running 8.1 just fine. You either can choose to be part of the developer preview and run 8.1 or you can wait for the official release. Microsoft has given you options...which was more than I ever had on my Moto Android phone.

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Um...really? If you're familiar with how long it takes HTC/Samsung/LG to release upgrades after Google releases an Android upgrade, then you wouldn't be complaining.

Cyan is to Nokia Lumia's as Sense is to HTC, etc. It can take a LONG time...

Obviously you don't understand how it works...and sorry, but I'm running 8.1 just fine. You either can choose to be part of the developer preview and run 8.1 or you can wait for the official release. Microsoft has given you options...which was more than I ever had on my Moto Android phone.

Sorry for being overly dramatic. I just really want 8.1 on my NL920. How do you get the developer preview version on NL920?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa