Store doesn't check for updates automatically

Judas20

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
The store app no longer checks for updates automatically I have to check manually every time. Anyone having this issue? Windows phone 8.1 dev preview

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
The store app no longer checks for updates automatically I have to check manually every time. Anyone having this issue? Windows phone 8.1 dev preview

Store autochecks every 24 hours. Also try restarting the phone.
AND NOTE THAT, the time the store autochecks is when your phone was first booted up ie. the last time you updated your OS, or did a hard reset, so keep that in mind. Ensure that you are connected to the net at all times.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Store autochecks every 24 hours. Also try restarting the phone.
AND NOTE THAT, the time the store autochecks is when your phone was first booted up ie. the last time you updated your OS, or did a hard reset, so keep that in mind. Ensure that you are connected to the net at all times.

They really need to throw out those ridiculous times for checking for updates. I know with 8.1 we finally have a check for updates option in settings but still. The store tile should be updated the second app updates are posted. This is 2014.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I am also facing this problem. The store tile doesn't display count of updates automatically. Now in settings I have kept both options disabled viz. Update apps automatically & Only get updates over Wi-Fi. Lets see if this works.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
This is not a bug, its a problem with the settings you have done probably. I experimented and it worked perfectly today checking for updates automatically. Keep these settings :
Update apps automatically (OFF)
Only get updates over Wi-Fi. Lets see if this works.(OFF)

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
It won't, that's my settings! I check manually...

It is very very annoying and I can not understand, why the fcking store can't check for updates at least twice a day. Or its automatically checking after you turn oj your phone / go back from flight mode.y parents use their 520 every 3 days at different times. They had NO UPDATES for the last 4 weeks.
And they don't understand these things, I cant tell them to manually check..

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've kept background run for store off, battery purpose. But how hard is it to check manually everyday?? Besides I visit WPCentral everyday and I can know here, which apps are updated..

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I've kept background run for store off, battery purpose. But how hard is it to check manually everyday?? Besides I visit WPCentral everyday and I can know here, which apps are updated..

It doesn't use much energy by checking once a day...

Of course it's not hard to check manually. But 1: We are in 2014, it HAS TO work automatically and reliable.
2: My parents are old and don't understand that stuff / forget about it.
But I want to be sure they have the latest stuff. I visit them every 10 weeks so I cant check for updates every day!

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't use much energy by checking once a day...

Of course it's not hard to check manually. But 1: We are in 2014, it HAS TO work automatically and reliable.
2: My parents are old and don't understand that stuff / forget about it.
But I want to be sure they have the latest stuff. I visit them every 10 weeks so I cant check for updates every day!

Maybe you are right.. I guess there should have been something like push notifications for that..

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Battery!!! Hah...no background process can run for longer than 25 seconds. 25 seconds of processing and data in a 24h period isn't detrimental but Facebook looking for likes and stuff every 30 mins is. On a 24h period, facebook would take up 20 minutes of data and processing which is HUUGEEE!!!
But most processes only run for about under a second to 5 seconds.

Read this for fun and education...http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...naging-background-apps-why-you-dont-need.html

Xanthurum

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issues. Since updating to 8.1 the store tile doesn't show/count app-updates ready for download, no matter which settings I choose. In the store there are notifications for updates waiting for WLAN... Weird, my mother's 620 is showing the counts on the live tile...?
Any ideas, experiences?
Cheers

Edit: The tile is back on duty after disabling both options (automatic update, wlan)...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos