turned off narrator, phone is unresponsive now.

shbdu

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Using 8.1 preview, I tried narrator and successfully turned it off using cortana.. I still get the yellow highlights. Phone is unresponsive, and can't even turn it off. Please help!

shbdu

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Turned off phone. Narrator is still on, I cant get past the lock screen and I have password set up. Please share suggestions.

BTW, Windows Phone Devs, kindly remove the f**King narrator or make it easier to turn on and off for curious people!

shbdu

May 2, 2014
Visit site
If Lock screen setting has password and narrator on.. then here are the steps to deal with it
1. Turn off and on your phone
2. The lock screen should open up with the keypad to type password. If it doesn't come up, and if your phone goes unresponsive, do Step1.
3. Select Enter you password (Not sure if you've to double tap it)
4. Select the number, double tap it. Watch an asterisk being placed. Repeat this step until your password is correct
5. Now you can either continue with narrator (I know you dont!!) or use Cortana to turn it off. I used Cortana, but there are other ways too.

Thats it...! It took me a long time to figure this out. Enjoy!

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I have just picked this up from another forum hold your volume button up and press the window key once and your phone is back to normal
It's pretty to simple to switch off narrator.

Just press the volume up key. Then tap the start key once.

Double tap at an instant after tapping the start key once.

Narrator Switches Off!

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
It's pretty to simple to switch off narrator.

Just press the volume up key. Then tap the start key once.

Double tap at an instant after tapping the start key once.

Narrator Switches Off!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720