Bluetooth problems with the Lumia 920 on 8.1 in my car

seabasstheSwordsman

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I upgraded to 8.1 on my 920, I noticed that whenever I play music in my car (Lexus ct200h 2011) over Bluetooth, it'll skip a lot. I have no idea why.

Also, Here drive's navigator is loud and volume control does nothing.

Anybody have any insight?

seabasstheSwordsman

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Another thing I noticed is that phone calls are very clear and don't skip at all. Same with the here drive narration. Could this be a problem with the Music app and the Nokia MixRadio app or that the new OS has problems on media connected stuff since phone calls and here drive narration goes through the voice connected line

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing when I connect to my Pioneer Bluetooth radio. Everything is crystal clear except when playing music through the Xbox music app. Skipping tracks is horrendous and sometimes it'll fast forward instead of resume. All other music streaming apps work fine so it's basically just the app that sucks. Also, I started noticing this issue since the Xbox music app was last updated because before that, it worked fine. I can't comment on Nokia Drive since I use Waze a lot more and I don't have any problems with it.

seabasstheSwordsman

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Problem I have with Waze is that it plays through my phone's speakers instead of Bluetooth. Then again, I haven't used Waze in months now after finding so many problems with it.

seabasstheSwordsman

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok... I figured out what's going on. Apparently, Here Drive and phone calls play at max volume in my car and music can be controlled by the volume knob, so to lower the volume of Here Drive and phone calls is to lower the volume in the phone.

Music seem to skip less often now, but it's still happening here and there. Any recommendations on apps that isn't Music to play music on my phone besides MixRadio, which has the same problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos