Parental Control Windows Phone

stefan15

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

My son has Nokia Lumia 620.How can i restrict the web pages he visits?I want to block 18+ sites.Is there an app or system setting,that can filter those pages?IOS 7 has great parental control!You can block the 18+ web pages and still use the main browser Safari.Is it possible for Windows Phone?If there is an app,how can i stop him uninstalling it?Can i block IE 11 and will this change with WP 8.1?

Thanks x

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I respect that, but having been really young with gizmos once, i wouldn't like. but then again I'm not you, i don't know about your situation.

but anyways, I don't think WP has controls of that sort.
I would consider getting in touch with the carrier to see what features they offer.

stefan15

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Windows 8.1 has so good parental controls.It's stupid that MS haven't done anything like this for WP 8,1.Changing to Android or IOS SADLY!!! :( :angry:

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I know some features work dependant on the age set in the Live account used to register the phone. For example Cortana has an age restriction which goes off the account used on the phone. Other things might get restricted as well but I can't say what as I've never had the need to test it so far.

Most 18+ content is already blocked by the phone network (in the UK at least), requiring authorisation and a credit card to remove that block on pre-pay phones. Running on wifi you would probably need special software (eg NetNanny) but I don't know how phones interact with it. Your internet provider will have more information, as Xandros suggests.

Abraham Weiser

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
i dont get it windows phone 8.1 can block apps for business users while they are on the business network why cant we block apps for out childrens phones

Caillte

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
This may be my last day with WP. I love it, but unfortunately I am addicted to adult content and I have no way to keep myself accountable on this phone. I will be begrudgingly buying an Android and installing the Covenant Eyes app on it tomorrow. Very sad that I could not find an equivalent solution for WP. I will return if this issue is ever addressed.

Caillte

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
If you let the screen time out, the phone asks for your lock screen password and then goes to the normal start screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion