Windows associates are bad at their job.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Before I begin I just want to make clear this happened at the MS store in my area [West-Hartford, CT ], so this may or may not be the case in you area.
Today was a beautiful day 68, clear sky and sunny just perfect to head to the mall so I did. Once there, the first place I visited was the MS store like I always do and I spent a reasonable time at the store. Today was not the difference. But, today I had once of the worse experience at the store, I had my suspicions about how bad MS' associates were but today they confirmed it.
- The first rule when you selling a product especially if is your product: Never say "I don't know." You always know and if you don't know, signal somebody close to you or try to find your way around to that question.
- Second: Get to know the person that is asking you for the product: His/hers interests, what kind of job he/she does, simple questions to know the person in front of you so you can use your selling points.
-Third: Do not send that person more confused then when he/she got in to the store, send hi/her home with a product on had, and/or if they can buy it on the spot with a reason to come back next week and get your product.

Like I mentioned above today was the perfect day to visit the MS store beautiful day plus I wanted to be one of the lucky ones to get a new phone. In my adventure there, I was playing with the 1520 when my ears almost drop after listened to one of the associated said at least 5 to 8 times "I don't know" and you can use "office" to the point that I have to stop playing with the device get into the conversation and tell the guy why he should buy a WP btw he was interested in the Icon. I explained to him how fluid, clean and fast the OS is, the best camera in the market, HD video display, some of the best apps are now in the platform. He had some knowledge so I had to take my 925 with the 8.1 DP and showed him what's coming to the OS he was impressed then he move to the tablet section his wife got her eyes on the Nokia tablet. After playing with the phones and watched some kids playing with the XBX 1 and tried some head phones another associated could not explain with clarity what were the benefits of using WP or even let her know what's coming soon. And to make things worse I was about to buy one of this Universal charger so I asked what was the difference between DC-18 and DC-19 and they just could not tell me. So I just left.

I don't know if this is just me but, this suck and it does big time. If your own people can't sell and don't know about your product how on hell do you expect others retailers to know or even try to learn about your product. This is where I give Apple an A+++ you go to the stores and you want to get their devices. MS should get Apple's book and start training these associates all over again. This just hurt the cause and do not advance the WP platform at all.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Oh wow... I live outside of the US, but I imagined that MS associates would at least know that much :/ I mean this is basic information that even we know.. Maybe these people were new? :grin:

seangprice

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft store, Apple or even a big box like Best Buy most sales reps don't know their products. They are given very basic training and knowledge of the products they're trying to sell or help fix. I had an issue with my Surface RT, stumped the tech help at the store. I found the fix through hours of trial and error and had to send my learned knowledge back to the store. I approach store fronts with the belief that I know their products better than they do.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
No matter what job I do, I always like to know more than those around me! It just gives me a better feeling...

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I learned from a rep one time the best thing to say over "I don't know" is "That's a really good question, let's find out" You are not saying you don't know the answer but it lets the customer you are focused on finding an answer for them.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I just believe that as rep you should be prepare for everything. That is your job and the company depends on you so, if you feel you are short in something get to it until your learned from scratch.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yupp I agree... If a client walks into you environment and he knows more than you about the things surrounding you then you're clearly not doing the best possible job.. I even have this with tech support in my own country.. It has gotten to the point where I know more than they do.. And I'm the kind of person that just stops listening if someone that I'm asking for help knows less than me on the given topic :devil:

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't say it any better than that.
Yupp I agree... If a client walks into you environment and he knows more than you about the things surrounding you then you're clearly not doing the best possible job.. I even have this with tech support in my own country.. It has gotten to the point where I know more than they do.. And I'm the kind of person that just stops listening if someone that I'm asking for help knows less than me on the given topic :devil:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon