I was thinking if MSFT has forgotten pattern lock or picture password,would be awesome if they come!!!
    05-03-2014 11:42 PM
    Hmmm i got ur point..but still it would be great
    05-04-2014 01:00 AM
    I use picture passwords on my Windows 8.1 login screen on my laptop, and I actually wouldn't mind seeing something similar on my phone. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes in a future update (probably would've been a good question to ask Joe Belfiore during his AMA...darn)
    05-04-2014 01:12 AM
    we dont need any Android features in WP, whatever we have it's fine. And most importantly RUDY HUYN is developing the new lock screen, it's just amazing and unique... Wp is unique ,it doesn't copy from others... ❤ wp
    +1520. that's too android, let WP stay unique as it is. An alphanumeric passcode will be enough for me.
    05-04-2014 01:17 AM
    picture password will be unique for windows phone ... I hope it comes with new update it will be amazing feature
    05-04-2014 02:47 AM
    Picture password would be very welcome, but no pattern unlock please, as I've heard to many stories about kids accidentally unlocking phones ...
    myoujin likes this.
    05-04-2014 02:58 AM
    Other type of locks should be there..alnum passwords are getting old now.....
    Susmit257 likes this.
    05-04-2014 03:45 AM
    Yeah, I'm in the camp for picture password. Creates more synergy between W8.1 & WP8.1 which is definitely a good thing. Not so sure about pattern unlock though.
    05-04-2014 10:50 AM
    we dont need any Android features in WP, whatever we have it's fine. And most importantly RUDY HUYN is developing the new lock screen, it's just amazing and unique... Wp is unique ,it doesn't copy from others... ❤ wp
    What is the new lock screen?
    05-04-2014 01:21 PM
    Devs like Rudy has been proving that how beautiful WP's UI is.
    05-04-2014 02:37 PM
    the new lock screen was revealed at the build conference on 2nd april... Rudy Hyun is still working on this...

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/a...ry/lock-01.jpg
    That looks like the lock screen I had on my Xperia Z1 and Nexus 7 when I was on android. It showed my email messages, time, date, notifications and weather. Forget the name of the app now but it was good and very handy, looks like he is copying android somewhat but there is nothing wrong with taking the good parts from it.
    05-04-2014 07:05 PM
    This is awesome....anyone knows when official ota update gets released!!???(8.1)
    05-05-2014 03:06 AM
    Not copying huh?

*cough* Does look quite a lot like a certain Clock App that's been in the WP Store for ages.

Inspired by maybe.
    05-05-2014 03:55 AM
    05-05-2014 05:49 AM
    That looks great but slide unlock screen is nothing new.
    05-05-2014 06:14 AM
    Picture password would be very welcome, but no pattern unlock please, as I've heard to many stories about kids accidentally unlocking phones ...
    Are you sure? I find it quite hard to break into but maybe I'm dumb.
    05-05-2014 12:10 PM
    Same with passcodes if your kids look under your fingers. Pattern is just like pin, it's just connected instead of typed. It does leave a more visible smudge on the screen if you're fingers aren't silky clean. Interesting no one though of gesture unlock, like waving your phone in a specific way, that would be hard to copy unless you pay 140% attention to the user.
    05-05-2014 01:26 PM
    Woah,never had that complaint before from my friends!!
    05-06-2014 08:28 AM
    What about when I press the power key, cortana activates and when I say, 'Hi Cortana', she opens the lock and says 'Welcome chief'..
    And she recognizes only my voice..
    And where it is embarrassing to unlock phone with voice, you can still have picture password.
    Just imagine the scenario, your typical Android or iOS user friend takes your phone and presses the power button. There he is greeted with your beautiful lock screen picture and witty text like, 'Magical words, please'. No any numeric keypad, nothing, cause there is either picture password or your voice. So he asks you how to unlock. Phone is still in his hands. Cortana is activated since he pressed the power button. And you say, 'Hi Cortana'.. N boom.. She welcomes you. (Remember, phone is still in his hands).. And he's awestruck!!
    Now he again locks the phone. Presses power key and says, 'Hi Cortana' and nothing happens.. ;)
    gerzhwin likes this.
    05-06-2014 08:33 AM
    What about when I press the power key, cortana activates and when I say, 'Hi Cortana', she opens the lock and says 'Welcome chief'..
    And she recognizes only my voice..
    And where it is embarrassing to unlock phone with voice, you can still have picture password.
    Just imagine the scenario, your typical Android or iOS user friend takes your phone and presses the power button. There he is greeted with your beautiful lock screen picture and witty text like, 'Magical words, please'. No any numeric keypad, nothing, cause there is either picture password or your voice. So he asks you how to unlock. Phone is still in his hands. Cortana is activated since he pressed the power button. And you say, 'Hi Cortana'.. N boom.. She welcomes you. (Remember, phone is still in his hands).. And he's awestruck!!
    Now he again locks the phone. Presses power key and says, 'Hi Cortana' and nothing happens.. ;)
    Couldn't the voice activation be cheated with a sound recording of your magic words. Anyways, would be awesome =]
    05-06-2014 02:44 PM
    Are you sure? I find it quite hard to break into but maybe I'm dumb.
    Just heard this a lot of times from friends with children.
    05-06-2014 02:46 PM
    Same with passcodes if your kids look under your fingers. Pattern is just like pin, it's just connected instead of typed. It does leave a more visible smudge on the screen if you're fingers aren't silky clean.
    My display is always way too smudgy, would be hard for anyone ... But right you are, hhmmm ...
    05-06-2014 02:49 PM
    Couldn't the voice activation be cheated with a sound recording of your magic words. Anyways, would be awesome =]
    Umm.. There should be option. If you don't want to use, disable it. I never use PIN for my phone as it's troublesome everytime I unlock the phone. So it's always a bit more secure.. Thanks btw, you liked my idea..
    05-06-2014 08:42 PM
    Gesture unlock is really a myth
    05-09-2014 02:54 AM