Will pattern lock ever come to wp??

f88

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I use picture passwords on my Windows 8.1 login screen on my laptop, and I actually wouldn't mind seeing something similar on my phone. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes in a future update (probably would've been a good question to ask Joe Belfiore during his AMA...darn)

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
we dont need any Android features in WP, whatever we have it's fine. And most importantly RUDY HUYN is developing the new lock screen, it's just amazing and unique... Wp is unique ,it doesn't copy from others... ❤ wp

+1520. that's too android, let WP stay unique as it is. An alphanumeric passcode will be enough for me.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Picture password would be very welcome, but no pattern unlock please, as I've heard to many stories about kids accidentally unlocking phones ...

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm in the camp for picture password. Creates more synergy between W8.1 & WP8.1 which is definitely a good thing. Not so sure about pattern unlock though.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
we dont need any Android features in WP, whatever we have it's fine. And most importantly RUDY HUYN is developing the new lock screen, it's just amazing and unique... Wp is unique ,it doesn't copy from others... ❤ wp

What is the new lock screen?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
the new lock screen was revealed at the build conference on 2nd april... Rudy Hyun is still working on this...

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/articles/116682-gallery/lock-01.jpg

That looks like the lock screen I had on my Xperia Z1 and Nexus 7 when I was on android. It showed my email messages, time, date, notifications and weather. Forget the name of the app now but it was good and very handy, looks like he is copying android somewhat but there is nothing wrong with taking the good parts from it.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Not copying huh?

*cough* Does look quite a lot like a certain Clock App that's been in the WP Store for ages.

Inspired by maybe.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Picture password would be very welcome, but no pattern unlock please, as I've heard to many stories about kids accidentally unlocking phones ...

Same with passcodes if your kids look under your fingers. Pattern is just like pin, it's just connected instead of typed. It does leave a more visible smudge on the screen if you're fingers aren't silky clean. Interesting no one though of gesture unlock, like waving your phone in a specific way, that would be hard to copy unless you pay 140% attention to the user.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
What about when I press the power key, cortana activates and when I say, 'Hi Cortana', she opens the lock and says 'Welcome chief'..
And she recognizes only my voice..
And where it is embarrassing to unlock phone with voice, you can still have picture password.
Just imagine the scenario, your typical Android or iOS user friend takes your phone and presses the power button. There he is greeted with your beautiful lock screen picture and witty text like, 'Magical words, please'. No any numeric keypad, nothing, cause there is either picture password or your voice. So he asks you how to unlock. Phone is still in his hands. Cortana is activated since he pressed the power button. And you say, 'Hi Cortana'.. N boom.. She welcomes you. (Remember, phone is still in his hands).. And he's awestruck!!
Now he again locks the phone. Presses power key and says, 'Hi Cortana' and nothing happens.. ;)

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
What about when I press the power key, cortana activates and when I say, 'Hi Cortana', she opens the lock and says 'Welcome chief'..
And she recognizes only my voice..
And where it is embarrassing to unlock phone with voice, you can still have picture password.
Just imagine the scenario, your typical Android or iOS user friend takes your phone and presses the power button. There he is greeted with your beautiful lock screen picture and witty text like, 'Magical words, please'. No any numeric keypad, nothing, cause there is either picture password or your voice. So he asks you how to unlock. Phone is still in his hands. Cortana is activated since he pressed the power button. And you say, 'Hi Cortana'.. N boom.. She welcomes you. (Remember, phone is still in his hands).. And he's awestruck!!
Now he again locks the phone. Presses power key and says, 'Hi Cortana' and nothing happens.. ;)
Couldn't the voice activation be cheated with a sound recording of your magic words. Anyways, would be awesome =]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99