WP 8.2 remove the loading and resuming like ios 7

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
impossible, this is how it works:
open app > open initializer > initializing > running what to do after initialize > getting info(if needed) > show up
time took: 1 sec, (over 3 sec if bad SD card level)
EDIT: app size about 50MB or less than

fiknahs_osei

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Don't have a problem with the loading and resuming... Enjoying my Lumia 520 cos it does not lag like my Samsung galaxy S used to and all other android devices with 512mb ram

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I remember a Microsoft employee was once answering questions here. And he said that apps that show loading and resuming are ghetto apps.

Meaning the programs are not doing it well enough. But if they did you wont see the loading and resuming.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
how it can be removed????
Optimization, really. And, the OS is already optimized for both low-end and high-end hardware. I mean, it's so optimized, they have to create quicker transitions!

That said, it's either the app dev's fault for not optimizing their apps, as taymur said, or the OEMs that refuse to put 1GB (or more) RAM on their devices. For the former, you could weasel out by saying you like keeping WP7 compatibility(?!), but for the latter? No excuse.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
and i have to strongly agree with this, microsoft's apps never say "resuming" and they are excellent, quality apps, on the other hand... skype is a pain to use when multitasking, jeez just a damn chat app, fb messenger loads instantly in comparison, and it shows a live feed of the chats not a local storage like skype

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
On iOS7.1 this isn't instant! When you switch between apps it shows you a screenshot of where you left the app but it takes like 1 to 3 secs (depending on the app) before you can actually use it again. Happens on my iPad Mini Retina all the time, so I'm talking about new hardware here ;)

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
iOS 7.1 isn't necessarily faster, it simply masks the transition by showing a static picture where WP shows you the loading... text.
They do handle apps differently though.

8.1 still has that.

What static picture?

On iOS7.1 this isn't instant! When you switch between apps it shows you a screenshot of where you left the app but it takes like 1 to 3 secs (depending on the app) before you can actually use it again. Happens on my iPad Mini Retina all the time, so I'm talking about new hardware here ;)

Bull unless it's a app that hasn't been opened in a long time.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't think it matters how long it was left unopened. I think it's a matter of how many you opened after it and how the app was developed. YouTube usually takes 2 seconds before you can use it again.

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
In short, the apps will still need time to reload after being unloaded from memory.
Bigger and more inefficient it is, the longer it will take.
It's like Windows 8 loading screen. Not removed, but disappear quick enough.

About Microsoft apps, Bing apps still show the loading screen. But it's coloured and with logo instead of saying "Loading"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro