People hub eating up battery

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
So my phone got a little wet just a little not as much to cause any damage. Even then I kept it out under direct sunlight in open air jst for precaution. When I put back my battery I noticed my battery draining pretty quickly. To my surprise it was people hub which had the most battery usage as per battery saver app and since then it has been in full as per battery saver and that all usage is in background. Is the battery saver app buggy? Or is it the people hub?

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
So my phone got a little wet just a little not as much to cause any damage. Even then I kept it out under direct sunlight in open air jst for precaution. When I put back my battery I noticed my battery draining pretty quickly. To my surprise it was people hub which had the most battery usage as per battery saver app and since then it has been in full as per battery saver and that all usage is in background. Is the battery saver app buggy? Or is it the people hub?

i noticed the same issue last night and today. before it was 'phone' that was draining the battery; now it's 'people'. i'm running 8.1 on a nokia icon (tmobile).

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Battery consumption has nothing to do with phone getting wet!!

Your Orioles hub may be consuming more battery due to FB integration

SOft reset once

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Battery consumption has nothing to do with phone getting wet!!

Your Orioles hub may be consuming more battery due to FB integration

SOft reset once

Soft reset didn't do anything as the battery saver still shows same values. But I have turned off FB updates in people hub. Do you know where is the liquid damage indicator present in Lumia 525. But this has happened for the first time that people hub has eaten up this much battery and even calling is eating up more battery. Maybe Nokia cyan will fix this. As Lumias are known for great talk time and that must be firmware related.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Soft reset didn't do anything as the battery saver still shows same values. But I have turned off FB updates in people hub. Do you know where is the liquid damage indicator present in Lumia 525. But this has happened for the first time that people hub has eaten up this much battery and even calling is eating up more battery. Maybe Nokia cyan will fix this. As Lumias are known for great talk time and that must be firmware related.

There is nothing like liquid damage indicator !
My 520 had excessive battery drain whereas 820 is Irving as usual... Wait for official 8.1 with cyan update

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing like liquid damage indicator !
My 520 had excessive battery drain whereas 820 is Irving as usual... Wait for official 8.1 with cyan update

I bet there is a liquid damage indicator inside the phone. Almost all portable electronics have them. This helps the manufacturer determine warranty eligibility. On a device with a removable battery it is usually visible by removing the battery and looking for it. On an old BB I used to have it would change from white to red is a certain moisture threshold was crossed.

I do agree though that the OPs issues are likely not related to this though.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I bet there is a liquid damage indicator inside the phone. Almost all portable electronics have them. This helps the manufacturer determine warranty eligibility. On a device with a removable battery it is usually visible by removing the battery and looking for it. On an old BB I used to have it would change from white to red is a certain moisture threshold was crossed.

What you are mentioning is a strip present on batteries which indicates if a battery has been exposed to liquid or excessive moisture.

This ain't present in Nokia phones unfortunately..

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
What you are mentioning is a strip present on batteries which indicates if a battery has been exposed to liquid or excessive moisture.

This ain't present in Nokia phones unfortunately..

Even my old N97 Mini had liquid damage indicator. Every phone has that and it's not on the battery, it's on the phone. Just need to know where is it on the Lumia 525.

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Do you think that my phone has got
any liquid damage? As it is working fine and all this battery drain issue could because I'm thinking too much about liquid damage thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers