Double Facebook Messenger notifications

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody!

I upgraded to 8.1 Preview when it came out and I am loving it! I actually forgot how much I missed having a notification center!

Anyway, I got a small annoying problem with it. Everytime I receive a message on Facebook the notification shows up in the notification center. The notification being made by the Messenger app. However, each message always shows up twice under the same app, which makes no sense.

Anybody else experienced this? Perhaps know how to work around it?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You must be receiving notifications from both facebook app and messenger. To stop receiving message notifications from facebook app , open the app , go to settings/notifications / un-tick messages.

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!

I already did that. Also, it does seem like both identical notifications are coming from the Messenger app, as they are grouped in notification center.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If I get 3-4 messages , I get a banner saying you have new notifications from messenger. Did you tried reinstalling the app from windows phone store ?

Tuyomaz

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I have same problem. I have turned message notifications off from both Facebook and Facebook Beta apps. But Messenger app sends always two notifications. It worked well couple of weeks, so this problem came just recently.

Ellika Vaught

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
You must be receiving notifications from both facebook app and messenger. To stop receiving message notifications from facebook app , open the app , go to settings/notifications / un-tick messages.

I have messenger on pc and dont have facebook on it. I try to not get notifications twice but its only for one person (so far) and when i click settings on the banner it says stop getting notifications from messenger. which i wanna get notifications but both say it so i dont know what to do. Or how to uninstall it.

bananie131989

Dec 16, 2021
Visit site
Re: Double Facebook Messenger notificationsI

I have messenger on pc and dont have facebook on it. I try to not get notifications twice but its only for one person (so far) and when i click settings on the banner it says stop getting notifications from messenger. which i wanna get notifications but both say it so i dont know what to do. Or how to uninstall it.

I only have messenger not the facebook app or the facebook from the browser and when someone message me I get a notification which I like BUT it gets doubled. One notification will show the actual content of the message like "Hi, How are you?" while the second notification will be like "John sent you a message", "John sent a message to your group". And It gets annoying specially when the notification sound plays repeatedly one after the other.

gnite6

Dec 16, 2021
Visit site
Re: Double Facebook Messenger notificationsI

I only have messenger not the facebook app or the facebook from the browser and when someone message me I get a notification which I like BUT it gets doubled. One notification will show the actual content of the message like "Hi, How are you?" while the second notification will be like "John sent you a message", "John sent a message to your group". And It gets annoying specially when the notification sound plays repeatedly one after the other.

I'm having the exact same issue since installing Windows 11 a few days ago, it's infuriating. It wasn't like this before on Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion