Alarms not working

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have serious problem with my Lumia 820 and WP8.1. Alarms work only sometimes. Otherwise they just don't ring. Only "solution" I have found was to delete all alarms and create new. I did it, alarm worked for two days and now again nothing. It's pretty disappointing..

Does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks

TheRotfler

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
On some phones (mine included), *every* background process stop working while/after charging. A reboot is needed.
Maybe this is your case.

Andrew Gordon

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my 1520 regarding alarms and notifications and I always put my phone on the QI charger over night. Are you saying that if I charge the phone before sleep then restart it and leave it off charging during sleep the alarms will work, or by reboot do you mean hard/soft reset?

TheRotfler

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my 1520 regarding alarms and notifications and I always put my phone on the QI charger over night. Are you saying that if I charge the phone before sleep then restart it and leave it off charging during sleep the alarms will work, or by reboot do you mean hard/soft reset?

Alarms/notifications are background processes, just like live tiles or main account sync.
In my case, a simple reboot after disconnecting from charge, fix it (no hard/soft reset, just long press power button to turning off, then short press to power on). Maybe your, too.

Andrew Gordon

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Alarms/notifications are background processes, just like live tiles or main account sync.
In my case, a simple reboot after disconnecting from charge, fix it (no hard/soft reset, just long press power button to turning off, then short press to power on). Maybe your, too.

Thanks for the reply. I've been off work for a week so it's really important that my alarm goes off tomorrow!
I'll make sure the phone is charged and reset before I go to sleep, leave it off the charger overnight and keep my fingers crossed. 😊

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
On some phones (mine included), *every* background process stop working while/after charging. A reboot is needed.
Maybe this is your case.

So I have to restart my phone after every charging? Well, at least there is a solution... I am curious if MS fixes this sometimes or maybe I just buy an analog alarm clock...

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
After you updated did you refresh your phone? I have an 8x and my alarms are working properly after the update and I did not refresh my phone, just curious.

Stefan Ilchev

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Since i am with 8.1 on my Ativ S, the alarm dont work too. Just now ive read about restart after charge and will try it. I hope it will be fixed soon as possible, because the people who work need it

Andrew Gordon

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Well this has been working for me all week so far. I charge the phone before going to bed and then switch it off and on again and my recurring weekday alarm has worked every morning. :D Thanks again.

TheRotfler

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Just received two update of Photostream app (now 8.1 compatible) and the issue seems to be solved: no more stopped working live tiles, no more stopped working background process when disconnecting from charger. Could it be related to lockscreen apps?

radsdau

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. Lumia 820, WP8.1. Some alarms work, some don't, and it seems intermittent.
This is a very serious issue; alarms are really important! Getting up for work, catching a plane, etc. I REALLY hope this is just a prerelease bug. It used to happen in win mobile, and that was very bad.
Looking forward to hearing someone found and fixed a legit bug.

tiwahu

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem since installing 8.1, even after doing a hard-reset as a attempt to fix it. Deleting and recreating alarms didn't always work, so I got into a routine of rebooting the phone before going to sleep and the morning alarms became much more reliable. I'd like to think the recent update released earlier this week fixed this problem...I haven't had a problem since, but I'm still doing the nightly reboot. Maybe over the weekend I'll give it a try without the reboots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)