What is your perfect device?

elliott436

May 5, 2014
Visit site
At my job I ask this question a lot " Hi what is your perfect device" I like to get a customers perspective as to what they think is their perfect device.
So my fellow windows phone addicts I ask this to you "what is your perfect device" you can throw specs, features, dimensions, etc!

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi! This is an interesting question. And it's so nice that you like to hear what the customer wants :)

My perfect device would be 4-4.5" display, 16gb (would settle for 8gb though) + expandable storage.

Good camera- minimum 8mp because I take a lot of pictures.

Software - I want software that I do not have to tweak and adjust/maintain too much. I don't want to spend too much time maintaining my phone storage/apps/performance. The software should be able to take care of that- that's probably why I currently use WP :)

Also, I like a phone that ties in well with Microsoft services / products like Skype, onedrive.

Aeolia Schenberg

May 3, 2014
Visit site
it would be 1025 or 1030 with 41MP camera built in storage of 32/64GB with expandable memory of microSD 128GB, user replaceable battery, with glance screen and dolby digital recording as well

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
If I look at the current devices, the 1520 wins hands down. Gorgeous display, wireless charging, amazing build and camera and speed built in one. A little out of my budget though.

My perfect device though, would have to have a 5 inch 1080p screen(with glance), 16gb storage, SD slot, windows phone software(duh), superb Lytro style camera(think Lytro Illum)

All put together in a thin polycarbonate unibody case with curved glass(Lumia 800 style), sort of a scaled down 1520.

Oh and an affordable price tag that I can afford ;)

Skwow

May 5, 2014
Visit site
pretty different from other, i guess. I love simple ui.
Absolutely zero lag and freeze.
DUAL SIM :)
Clearblack screen
Pretty good look.
At least 1 gb ram :-\
Etc etc :p

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
To be realistic, my "perfect" device without rattling off a list of specs is taking the 920's camera and display resolution (not sure if 4.5" would fit in the 720's frame) and 525's internals and putting it into an otherwise unchanged 720.

Although I won't mind bumping specs and other stuff like building Qi in. that's sort of the minimum gist.

elliott436

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi! This is an interesting question. And it's so nice that you like to hear what the customer wants :)

My perfect device would be 4-4.5" display, 16gb (would settle for 8gb though) + expandable storage.

Good camera- minimum 8mp because I take a lot of pictures.

Software - I want software that I do not have to tweak and adjust/maintain too much. I don't want to spend too much time maintaining my phone storage/apps/performance. The software should be able to take care of that- that's probably why I currently use WP :)

Also, I like a phone that ties in well with Microsoft services / products like Skype, onedrive.

I like to see what others think is their absolute perfect device and how and what they use it for. On the forums you don't really see thought provoking questions it's all about popularity, specs, or some other cookie cutter topic.

M_Mike

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok, pretty simple the Icon with a couple enhanced features. I love love love the look and feel of the Icon. I know when I first saw it I was not thrilled, but wow did it grow on me. The feel of the metal band and the polycarbonate back is awesome.
On to the features:
SD card slot, 32GB is not enough. (Too much storage will never be enough)
Glance (I miss it less than I thought, but you ask for perfect)
Greater battery capacity (how can anyone not want more?)
F2.0 lens like in the 920 (faster lenses are always on my priority list)
Xenon Flash (you asked for perfect)
And always the latest and greatest chipset.

ChaddieBoi3

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
The perfect Lumia
20MP Rear Camera
5MP Front Camera
Metal body (VaporMg maybe?)
Qi Wireless Charging
Water Proof
Dust Proof
5 Inch AMOLED Screen
32GB Internal storage With SD Card Slot up to 128GB
NO Rear Speaker (Front or Bottom)
IR Blaster
Latest processor (Snapdragon 801 currently)
2GB RAM

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
20Mpx Pure View Camera (Xenon Flash)
8Mpx FF Camera (LED Flash) - Idk if its technically possible :p
Water Proof
5" 1080p AMOLED + Gorilla Glass3
16GB Internal Memory/SD Card Support
2GB RAM
Adreno 330
Snapdragon 800 (Quad Core 2.2GHz)
Good Speaker (something like old Xpress Music series)
At least 3000mAh battery
Yellow Matte (changeable covers)
Windows Phone 8.1

Something like 1520 mixed with 930 + few enhancements.
;)

sip1995

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My perfect device : 4,7" FHD, snapdragon 805, 2 GB ram, 20 mp camera with 60 fps support, LOUD speakers on the back .

jobinthomas

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Icon + SD
waterproof (not super important, but perfect device would have it!)
I mean HTC finally gave in a put an SD slot on their flagship. Time for Nokia/MS to do the same.

mareksurek

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
4-4,5 inch
1-2GB RAM
Processor - dual core (no quadcore, it is waste of battery)
16GB storage + SD cards
20MPx Pureview camera (Xenon Flash)
HD display (no fullHD, it is waste of battery)
Fancy design (Lumia 930 or iPhone 4/5 - like design)
Battery - as big as possible (at least 4 days of normal usage)

Simply Lumia 930, but instead of quadcore and fullHD display better battery life + not for more than 400euros

panesar7

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
My perfect device would have the following:
4" 1080p amoled screen
3000mAh battery
2gb RAM
32gb internal memory
Snapdragon quad core processor
8-20MP pureview with OIS
4way mics
Built by Nokia \m/
I should be able to use my phone with one hand. I don't have a chauffer and don't intend to hire one soon, I should be able to control my phone single handed without much fuss. If I need a bigger screen, I'll get a tablet instead. Its a phone.

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Screen somewhere between Icon and 1520 in size.
Replaceable/removable battery
Dual SIM
SD expansion
Up to 64GB internal storage, just because 32+128GB isn't really enough for me.
The 1020's 40MP camera
Wireless charging without a shell
Glance
Split screen dual-tasking, a la WIndows 8 Snap
Omni-band radio, so we don't have to screw around with Verizon vs US GSM vs international models
Available unlocked
Hard mute switch, like the iPhone
Do something about the search button so that even looking at the phone funny doesn't get me Bing/Cortana
The usual suspects: BT 4.0, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac/2.4/5, NFC, GPS
Audiophile quality DACs
QuadCore or better
2GB RAM or better

#neverhappen #kilobuck #wheredoIgetone

Novron

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
8X or 925 body, Replace the ARM with an Cherrytrail Atom. Load Windows 8.1 metro on it. Add phone functionality. Desktop and legacy apps only show up when the phone is docked and connected to a monitor. 4 GB RAM minimum, SD slot, 1080p screen minimum.