Hey there,

After a year of using Windows Phone, I've finally decided to cleanup my contact list of all the Google contacts (because the contact pics are just ****ty thumbnails that stretch).

Steps taken:

1) Desync from Google / Facebook
    2) Import all contacts from Google to Outlook.com's contacts (aka People)

Now when I do this, it lists all of my contacts once but are in fact linked to themselves from Hotmail. So when I try to set a contact photo, it asks me which hotmail link I want to set it to.

Now if I delete all my contacts from Outlook, they're still on my phone listed as a hotmail contact, but I have no access to them via outlook.com if I want to edit them.
    BUT if I manually create a contact on my phone, it'll appear on Outlook (but the picture won't show).

Two questions...How do I sync my contacts from Outlook without them linking, and is it possible to have a picture set for my contact on my Lumia 1020 and for it to show on Outlook as well?
    05-06-2014 01:56 AM
    roflmao...

Seems like the only way to sync them was to delete every contact entirely then import my contacts into Outlook again.

Contact pics I set on my phone don't show up on Outlook though; that's annoying.
    05-06-2014 02:37 AM
    Great!!! So now I have another issue...

Seems like on the people hud everything is normal, but when I go into my contact list on the phone app itself, it doubles some people as SIM contacts...

This is absolutely driving me absolutely effin bonkers at this point. I love WP, but it makes it incredibly difficult to do the SIMPLEST thing a smart phone should do: TO PUT IN YOUR EFFIN CONTACTS.

Pardon me if I'm getting a little frustrated, but this is absolute **** in my opinion. Anyone have any suggestions?
    -Mike
    05-06-2014 05:32 PM