Add New Ways To Interact With The Action Center

BobtimusPrime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
A lot of users are clamoring for a cellular quick action to be added to the Action Center, and I think it's a great idea, but I wanted to expand on that idea for the Action Center.

Why not add a new way to interact with our quick actions? Wouldn't it be great to long press one of these quick actions buttons to go to their respective settings menu, and tap to toggle them on and off?

I think with the addition of a cellular quick action and my way of interacting with the quick actions, why not add options for battery saver, data sense, storage sense? It could also help out with mitigating the need to dig through our settings menu for these items, and bring a little more continuity to the OS. We already have long press for interacting with the Start Screen live tiles.

Since we have the option for more live tiles, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to have 5 quick action buttons in total.

Shubhendu Singh

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to check WP8.1 in hands but i am surprised its not included. So there is no toggle of wifi from Action Centre ?
I am getting sick of clamoring through settings to find Battery Saver and Phone Storage, thank god for connectivity tiles or it would be sooo much pain to do basic things.
Multitasking in Wp IS really a joke.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "cellular quick action"?

I don't really understand what this would do.

Would you be able to elaborate in more details?

BobtimusPrime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to check WP8.1 in hands but i am surprised its not included. So there is no toggle of wifi from Action Centre ?
I am getting sick of clamoring through settings to find Battery Saver and Phone Storage, thank god for connectivity tiles or it would be sooo much pain to do basic things.
Multitasking in Wp IS really a joke.

Tapping on the Wi-Fi quick action takes you to the settings menu for the Wi-Fi, in which you have to then hit the toggle to turn it on or off. I feel it's too slow and adds too many steps.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just like the Wi-Fi quick action button, except it is for your cellular data (3G/4G).

it simply means enabling and disabling the data on cellular network, which is not there in the action center options.

Ok. I understand now.

I have 4G LTE where I am, so that isn't a feature I'd use. However, I could see where some people might find it useful.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Right now I simply use voice commands to turn on/off many of the settings, such as Wi-Fi, Flight mode, Quiet hours, Bluetooth, etc. However, the turn on/off cellular is not supported. I use Open Cellular to quickly get to the Cellular+SIM settings.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Right now I simply use voice commands to turn on/off many of the settings, such as Wi-Fi, Flight mode, Quiet hours, Bluetooth, etc. However, the turn on/off cellular is not supported. I use Open Cellular to quickly get to the Cellular+SIM settings.
cool man.
i tried but i never found the correct commands for such voice command actions.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Tapping on the Wi-Fi quick action takes you to the settings menu for the Wi-Fi, in which you have to then hit the toggle to turn it on or off. I feel it's too slow and adds too many steps.

Actually this is not true. You can turn on Wi-FI with one tap but if you tap it again to turn it off it will take you to the Wi-Fi settings page.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Instead of needlessly complaining why don't you just pin Battery Saver and Phone Storage to your Start screen? They're apps now.

BobtimusPrime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. What settings do you have enabled in Wi-Fi? How many known networks do you have inside the "manage" section?

I have one at home and 3 or 4 at work, plus random others. I turned off connect to wifi provided by my mobile provider because the ones I end up connecting to don't have a good signal. Regardless, the button doesn't operate properly.

BobtimusPrime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
LOL! One of my co-workers just said "You mean, they should make it like Android?"

Drats! I haven't been on Android in almost 2 years and forgot about this...I still want it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos