Vibration alerts in 8.1

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just wondered if anyone else wants the old vibration alerts back? I mean before a text would have a 1 longish buzz and an alert say wpcentral could get 2 little buzzes now the 2 are the same and not ideal when phone is on silent before I could tell of phone needed my attention but now I have no idea and my phone calls are just one Lon constant buzz rather than several steady ones which is really odd.

Might not be much to some but just seemed a pointless task to get someone to code a different buzz when it was perfect before

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It actually seems to depend on which tone you're using as far as the texts go. I am using the Nokia message tone as my default, which still gives me the single buzz. My boyfriend's custom tone is Windows message and it gives me the "other" vibrate pattern that was often used with notifications in 8.0. I'm a little confused as to the reason behind this as well, but I have since adjusted to this quirk.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It actually seems to depend on which tone you're using as far as the texts go. I am using the Nokia message tone as my default, which still gives me the single buzz. My boyfriend's custom tone is Windows message and it gives me the "other" vibrate pattern that was often used with notifications in 8.0. I'm a little confused as to the reason behind this as well, but I have since adjusted to this quirk.

Ohh wow thanks for the update but still find as you a little odd that some are different to others, hopefully ms will put it back in the 8.1 pubic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro