Word flow keyboard

chuckd1991

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had 8.1 for a few weeks now, but until today I never bothered with word flow. It didn't take very long to get used to, and now I can't stop using it. I know a lot of people don't bother with it, but it really is useful. Typing stuff has sped up immensely.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
My 620 refuses to learn the word "throat" - doesn't even suggest it while I'm typing it either. The most common words it throws up are "throaty" and "thrust", if I want to type or swipe "throat". It's almost like it's not even in its dictionary... GB or US.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My 620 refuses to learn the word "throat" - doesn't even suggest it while I'm typing it either. The most common words it throws up are "throaty" and "thrust", if I want to type or swipe "throat". It's almost like it's not even in its dictionary... GB or US.

Weird...just tried it and it works fine for me. Didn't even have to train it. Came up first time with wordflow

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm still trying to teach my phone how took curse though, duck!

Create a text to yourself, and then wordflow *uck and when it changes to duck, then tap it and replace it with *uck and send it, keep doing it like 5 times and it'll be trained! Worked for me

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Awesome. Good to know it's just my device misbehaving - I shall try a reset without resorting the backup and see what happens...

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Update: reset didn't work. Ended up teaching it using the trick detailed in the swearing article. Just confusing I had to in the first place.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I love the Word Flow keyboard. I'm in the slight minority (or maybe slight majority?) who don't like the way the cursor positioning works now, as opposed to the way it worked in 8.0 - but with the new keyboard I'm typing ~3x as fast, and with fewer errors, so I don't really mind that editing my mistakes is slower.

Alligator42

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm also frustrated by the new cursor position selection feature. Give us the old selection method back. For those of us with large hands, the new method is awful.

I also wish I could swipe on the surface keyboard. I catch myself doing it all the time before I realize I'm not on my phone.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The one thing I missed from Android was Swype, I am so happy that 8.1 brought a similar feature to Windows phone.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I love it. I want Microsoft to be the first to make it available on the Surface RT and other mini devices running the OS.

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I've had 8.1 for a few weeks now, but until today I never bothered with word flow. It didn't take very long to get used to, and now I can't stop using it. I know a lot of people don't bother with it, but it really is useful. Typing stuff has sped up immensely.

I totally agree with you; forced myself to use it for a week & now I'm hooked.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I love it. I want Microsoft to be the first to make it available on the Surface RT and other mini devices running the OS.

I love the feature. I'd love to see it in a Windows 8.1 update for the onscreen keyboard. It would 100% make me as giddy as a fangirl to show that feature off on my Dell Venue Pro 8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro