So 3, nearly 4 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
To back to 8.0, of you have issues with 8.1 back to 8.0 and wait for firmware release.

Sent from my Lumia 920 with WP8.1 using Tapatalk

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I guess preview for developers wasn't suited to everyone. If the update was a day early they would complain as well.

Some people just like to complain and are always :unhappy:

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
As I said some people just like to complain.

Works fine for a lot of people and the update has made it a lot better. Did they say it was going to be completely fixed this week?

Joe said a month. A month for a usable music app. :smile:

A month.

And this update has brought us... a scrubbing bar. What good is a scrubbing bar when you can't even get an accurate song list?

I'm not going to kiss Microsoft's square *** for giving its users something they should have given us from day one. That's like congratulating somebody on not being a jerk. You don't get a medal for doing your damn job.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Joe said a month. A month for a usable music app. :smile:

A month.

And this update has brought us... a scrubbing bar. What good is a scrubbing bar when you can't even get an accurate song list?

I'm not going to kiss Microsoft's square *** for giving its users something they should have given us from day one. That's like congratulating somebody on not being a jerk. You don't get a medal for doing your damn job.

I'm not saying that they should have anything but a fantastic music app and they don't have near that at the minute for some. For me I use Nokia music but from using the Xbox music app over the last couple of days it works perfect after the update.

They (MS) do seem to do some odd things like notifications without data which I wouldn't use myself but it should have the option.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm not saying that they should have anything but a fantastic music app and they don't have near that at the minute for some. For me I use Nokia music but from using the Xbox music app over the last couple of days it works perfect after the update.

They (MS) do seem to do some odd things like notifications without data which I wouldn't use myself but it should have the option.

I think we just found a little common ground. You've highlighted my beef with Microsoft these past months. I feel like they don't really listen to the user base. They made those user websites where we can vote on features we'd like to see, but it's as though they use it as a guide for what NOT to give us. People have been pining after a scrub bar since the Zune days. It's odd that it just now is being implemented. Microsoft has an odd way of going about this, and I'm not sure why.

I love this OS for its speed and ease of use. But I can't help but find myself jealous when I see people listening to music on their iPods or iPhones. If I wasn't so addicted to subscription music, I would just go back to an iPod myself. :straight:

SARJINDER KAUR

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Windows 8.1 Games
Why did MS decide it was a good idea to clutter the app list with games, when in the previous version they were neatly only listed under games? This is extremely annoying now.

SammyD_L625

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
That was the post they changed. It said Tuesday, and then they changed it to "week of..."

Exactly. If they changed it, then they didn't miss it. For all you know the original post was posted in error and it wasn't changed because they thought they wouldn't meet their deadline but because that was never the deadline they had originally set for themselves. If they missed that week, THEN you could've said the update came late.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I love this. When the Developer Preview was first announced, most of us (including those in this thread having issues), were tripping over each other to be the first to get it.
"Notification Centre!!"
"Transparent Tiles!!"
"Customized backgrounds!!!"
"Cor-motherloving-tana!!!!!"

And none of you thought, "Gee, ya know, maybe I should wait awhile and see what bugs there are first. Because it is, ya know, a Developer Preview"

"Nah, I think I'll just go into a beta program and complain bitterly later instead."

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I love this. When the Developer Preview was first announced, most of us (including those in this thread having issues), were tripping over each other to be the first to get it.
"Notification Centre!!"
"Transparent Tiles!!"
"Customized backgrounds!!!"
"Cor-motherloving-tana!!!!!"

And none of you thought, "Gee, ya know, maybe I should wait awhile and see what bugs there are first. Because it is, ya know, a Developer Preview"

"Nah, I think I'll just go into a beta program and complain bitterly later instead."

Xbox Music isn't a developer preview. And Xbox Music has sucked long before 8.1 forced us into the next version.

plasmid_uk

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what your getting at, yes the app is official but the OS your running it on isn't final. Therefore the app is as good as a preview.

Someone else said it should've been ready since day 1. What? Day 1 hasn't even arrived yet, we are -30 days or so and counting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs