05-11-2014 06:12 AM
50 12
tools
    That was the assumption. I believe they said it was coming in that WEEK, not necessary Tuesday.
    That was the post they changed. It said Tuesday, and then they changed it to "week of..."
    05-10-2014 04:51 AM
    I guess preview for developers wasn't suited to everyone. If the update was a day early they would complain as well.

Some people just like to complain and are always
    05-10-2014 05:37 AM
    I guess preview for developers wasn't suited to everyone. If the update was a day early they would complain as well.

Some people just like to complain and are always
    Probably because the updates don't do anything.
    05-10-2014 05:48 AM
    Probably because the updates don't do anything.
    As I said some people just like to complain.

Works fine for a lot of people and the update has made it a lot better. Did they say it was going to be completely fixed this week?
    05-10-2014 06:29 AM
    As I said some people just like to complain.

Works fine for a lot of people and the update has made it a lot better. Did they say it was going to be completely fixed this week?
    Joe said a month. A month for a usable music app.

A month.

And this update has brought us... a scrubbing bar. What good is a scrubbing bar when you can't even get an accurate song list?

I'm not going to kiss Microsoft's square *** for giving its users something they should have given us from day one. That's like congratulating somebody on not being a jerk. You don't get a medal for doing your damn job.
    Will6371 likes this.
    05-10-2014 06:43 AM
    Joe said a month. A month for a usable music app.

A month.

And this update has brought us... a scrubbing bar. What good is a scrubbing bar when you can't even get an accurate song list?

I'm not going to kiss Microsoft's square *** for giving its users something they should have given us from day one. That's like congratulating somebody on not being a jerk. You don't get a medal for doing your damn job.
    I'm not saying that they should have anything but a fantastic music app and they don't have near that at the minute for some. For me I use Nokia music but from using the Xbox music app over the last couple of days it works perfect after the update.

They (MS) do seem to do some odd things like notifications without data which I wouldn't use myself but it should have the option.
    05-10-2014 07:12 AM
    I'm not saying that they should have anything but a fantastic music app and they don't have near that at the minute for some. For me I use Nokia music but from using the Xbox music app over the last couple of days it works perfect after the update.

They (MS) do seem to do some odd things like notifications without data which I wouldn't use myself but it should have the option.
    I think we just found a little common ground. You've highlighted my beef with Microsoft these past months. I feel like they don't really listen to the user base. They made those user websites where we can vote on features we'd like to see, but it's as though they use it as a guide for what NOT to give us. People have been pining after a scrub bar since the Zune days. It's odd that it just now is being implemented. Microsoft has an odd way of going about this, and I'm not sure why.

I love this OS for its speed and ease of use. But I can't help but find myself jealous when I see people listening to music on their iPods or iPhones. If I wasn't so addicted to subscription music, I would just go back to an iPod myself.
    05-10-2014 07:44 AM
    Windows 8.1 Games
    Why did MS decide it was a good idea to clutter the app list with games, when in the previous version they were neatly only listed under games? This is extremely annoying now.
    05-10-2014 08:04 AM
    That was the post they changed. It said Tuesday, and then they changed it to "week of..."
    Exactly. If they changed it, then they didn't miss it. For all you know the original post was posted in error and it wasn't changed because they thought they wouldn't meet their deadline but because that was never the deadline they had originally set for themselves. If they missed that week, THEN you could've said the update came late.
    05-10-2014 08:12 AM
    Windows 8.1 Games
    Why did MS decide it was a good idea to clutter the app list with games, when in the previous version they were neatly only listed under games? This is extremely annoying now.
    Joe explained this in his AMA. http://www.windowscentral.com/games-...ay-be-optional
    05-10-2014 08:22 AM
    whats with whatsapp update?
    05-10-2014 09:42 AM
    I love this. When the Developer Preview was first announced, most of us (including those in this thread having issues), were tripping over each other to be the first to get it.
    "Notification Centre!!"
    "Transparent Tiles!!"
    "Customized backgrounds!!!"
    "Cor-motherloving-tana!!!!!"

And none of you thought, "Gee, ya know, maybe I should wait awhile and see what bugs there are first. Because it is, ya know, a Developer Preview"

"Nah, I think I'll just go into a beta program and complain bitterly later instead."
    05-10-2014 09:44 AM
    I love this. When the Developer Preview was first announced, most of us (including those in this thread having issues), were tripping over each other to be the first to get it.
    "Notification Centre!!"
    "Transparent Tiles!!"
    "Customized backgrounds!!!"
    "Cor-motherloving-tana!!!!!"

And none of you thought, "Gee, ya know, maybe I should wait awhile and see what bugs there are first. Because it is, ya know, a Developer Preview"

"Nah, I think I'll just go into a beta program and complain bitterly later instead."
    Xbox Music isn't a developer preview. And Xbox Music has sucked long before 8.1 forced us into the next version.
    05-10-2014 11:10 AM
    I'm not sure what your getting at, yes the app is official but the OS your running it on isn't final. Therefore the app is as good as a preview.

Someone else said it should've been ready since day 1. What? Day 1 hasn't even arrived yet, we are -30 days or so and counting...
    05-10-2014 11:33 AM
    Seriously, if you cannot handle beta software, DON'T SIGN UP.
    05-10-2014 11:40 AM
    I'm not sure what your getting at, yes the app is official but the OS your running it on isn't final. Therefore the app is as good as a preview.

Someone else said it should've been ready since day 1. What? Day 1 hasn't even arrived yet, we are -30 days or so and counting...
    Day 1 was the day Windows Phone 8 was released.
    05-10-2014 11:45 AM
    Seriously, if you cannot handle beta software, DON'T SIGN UP.
    And if you can't handle a difference of opinion without getting so worked up, don't sign up for a forum.
    05-10-2014 11:45 AM
    And if you can't handle a difference of opinion without getting so worked up, don't sign up for a forum.
    A: i'm not worked up
    B: I wasn't talking to you
    C: go back to putting tape on your head.
    05-10-2014 11:53 AM
    Just want to lend you moral support - the indifference on Microsoft's part is the biggest problem I have Windows phone. And after 3 years of experience with WP, I've in all regards lost faith in the team who build this product.
    Dude, to be honest MCSF is for me the only company who really cares about customers preferences in the last years and they are listen to people and bringing features people vote for, so I would consider that before posting that!
    05-10-2014 12:10 PM
    OP, you're welcome to learn how to code an OS and help out Microsoft! :D Welcome to WP8.1 DP, not every feature is unlocked and there's bugs. Microsoft has to work on both at the same time, and in some cases, a step forward could break something accidentally, it's human. Sorry it can't be faster, but at least it's being worked on. WP 8.1 though is probably one of the biggest OS jumps, in terms of features, that any OS (including Apple and Google) has. So thank you for being patient, thank you for hanging on, and we'll get the final release when it's perfectly ready, and I do hope it's perfect, but I'm alright with a couple *minor* bugs, because where the bugs are, the perfect parts just make my 920 just that more lively. :)
    Last edited by Zulfigar; 05-10-2014 at 01:40 PM.
    TechAbstract and SammyD_L625 like this.
    05-10-2014 01:28 PM
    Couldn't have said it better myself Kev.
    anon(5445874) likes this.
    05-10-2014 08:10 PM
    Grizzly - I think it would help if folks knew that you're in a very poor coverage area for Sprint, and are really dependent on Wi-Fi working for your access.

Honestly, I didn't expect Wi-Fi to be an issue...I figured we'd lose Boomsound, possibly the Camera, maybe LTE, etc...but not Wi-Fi. I'm fortunate in that 4G is in my area, so I'm less impacted than you.

I'm not a fan of the Oppo device...but...we're almost there...in 6 mos, this will be a distant memory.
    grizzlyaddams likes this.
    05-10-2014 10:03 PM
    Well, it's been nearly 4 weeks since I put 8.1 on my phone, and there has yet to be any updates to this software that restore functionality to my phone.

I'm not talking about the things I dislike, say, the photo hub, or the music hub, etc.

No, I'd simply like to be able to use Wi-Fi on my phone (known issue with most HTCs and a few Lumias, Microsoft is aware as they stated in their MSDN thread.)

They also missed the "promised" music app update for the "week of 4/22."

Looking hard at that OnePlus One.
    Confirmed wifi issues on Lumia 1520. All the time disconnects or has limited connectivity!!
    Andrew Gordon likes this.
    05-11-2014 04:24 AM
    Confirmed wifi issues on Lumia 1520. All the time disconnects or has limited connectivity!!
    It is far from confirmed, some have but how many? I don't and that's for sure and it is not something that I have heard a lot of people complain about. WiFi sense does have problems and will probably need cyan to fix it.

Everyone has the option to go back to 8.0 if they are unhappy with 8.1
    05-11-2014 06:08 AM
    This thread has gone off topic and complains about issues heavily discussed in other more established threads. In order to keep this at least a little useful for anyone reading it in the future I'm closing it now.
    05-11-2014 06:12 AM
50 12