So 3, nearly 4 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's been nearly 4 weeks since I put 8.1 on my phone, and there has yet to be any updates to this software that restore functionality to my phone.

I'm not talking about the things I dislike, say, the photo hub, or the music hub, etc.

No, I'd simply like to be able to use Wi-Fi on my phone (known issue with most HTCs and a few Lumias, Microsoft is aware as they stated in their MSDN thread.)

They also missed the "promised" music app update for the "week of 4/22."

Looking hard at that OnePlus One.

CowardlyLions

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I knew your pain. My experience with WP8.1 on my 8xt has been an absolute nightmare. I can't say I'm surprised by the lack of support from Microsoft though.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's been nearly 4 weeks since I put 8.1 on my phone, and there has yet to be any updates to this software that restore functionality to my phone.

I'm not talking about the things I dislike, say, the photo hub, or the music hub, etc.

No, I'd simply like to be able to use Wi-Fi on my phone (known issue with most HTCs and a few Lumias, Microsoft is aware as they stated in their MSDN thread.)

Did you not know that there would be problems? If you did then why get 8.1 if you weren't prepared to deal with them.

Have you tried a hard reset and don't restore from a backup, just install all your apps individually.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

Don't hold your breath, it looks like they are going to miss the bi weekly update for the music app again.....

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't hold your breath, it looks like they are going to miss the bi weekly update for the music app again.....

When did they miss the update? I thought/read it was the week starting the 21st April and to the best of my knowledge it got an update that week.

If I am mistaken I apologize but if I'm right I think it is only fair you edit your post to remove the untruth.

See post below.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Did they miss the update? I got it as you can see below it was updated on the 25/4

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140509_0003.png
    wp_ss_20140509_0003.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 20

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Um.... They updated Music on 4/25/14 according to my phone lol

I can tell the OP is not a developer if he thinks that issues like this can be solved in 3 weeks.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Did you not know that there would be problems? If you did then why get 8.1 if you weren't prepared to deal with them.

Have you tried a hard reset and don't restore from a backup, just install all your apps individually.

4 hard resets. No restore from backup on any attempts. This is a known, MS acknowledged problem that I have not been able to resolve on my own.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Um.... They updated Music on 4/25/14 according to my phone lol

I can tell the OP is not a developer if he thinks that issues like this can be solved in 3 weeks.

I didn't get that update, and one is not available when I check for updates either.

Alas, I am a salaried professional developer, and am responsible for development and deployment of enterprise-wide projects, sometimes on a solo basis. My typical turn-around for minor bug-fixes and enhancements is 1 day. (I realize I said "minor")

Microsoft has been provided so many logs regarding this issue that I would be remiss to think they didn't know the cause. I am sure they are just holding it for a future, perhaps final update, but in the mean time I cannot use my hardware.

I did anticipate some problems with the preview, and believe me there are many and I am willing to/currently tolerate the vast majority of them. However, no Wi-Fi is a big failure in my eyes, and their lack of even simple communication since the launch of the preview is eroding my confidence.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I didn't get that update, and one is not available when I check for updates either.

Alas, I am a salaried professional developer, and am responsible for development and deployment of enterprise-wide projects, sometimes on a solo basis. My typical turn-around for minor bug-fixes and enhancements is 1 day. (I realize I said "minor")

Microsoft has been provided so many logs regarding this issue that I would be remiss to think they didn't know the cause. I am sure they are just holding it for a future, perhaps final update, but in the mean time I cannot use my hardware.

I did anticipate some problems with the preview, and believe me there are many and I am willing to/currently tolerate the vast majority of them. However, no Wi-Fi is a big failure in my eyes, and their lack of even simple communication since the launch of the preview is eroding my confidence.

I get what you're saying, but you're not understanding the scale of this. The Wifi is part of the OS and since there are multiple models of this phone having this problem, they need more time to update than you would on one of your projects. You have to realize that Microsoft is dealing with 1.5 million people on this update currently, and 50 million total. With something that size, there's a much bigger chance that something can go wrong, so they need extra time to do anything. I'm not sure what exactly you're a developer for, but I'll be shocked if you tell me that your work gets used day-by-day by 50 million people worldwide.

Also, check the screenshot above and see if your music app is the same version number as Will6371. If it's not, then I'm not sure what the problem is.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to underestimate the scale of the issue. Of course my work is only used by hundreds, at most maybe thousands of people. Pardon me if I come off impatient or frustrated. A blog post would be nice though. Just saying.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to underestimate the scale of the issue. Of course my work is only used by hundreds, at most maybe thousands of people. Pardon me if I come off impatient or frustrated. A blog post would be nice though. Just saying.
Just want to lend you moral support - the indifference on Microsoft's part is the biggest problem I have Windows phone. And after 3 years of experience with WP, I've in all regards lost faith in the team who build this product.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
a doubt a developer preview will get updates?? probs be fixed in operator release or official release?? was a risky move installing it on a htc with no way to roll back :-/ specially if its your main phone , its just meant for devs to get their apps ready really :-/

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
First of all the simple fact that you're complaining about the update which is still technically in the developmental phase when I'm sure you'd rather have the use of it, than still be waiting to get the update pushed out to you, amuses me. When Amber was released the average user didn't have the option of getting the developers preview so while you're complaining, you might as well downgrade your phone and wait for the regular update.

I for one am very impressed with the Blue update and the fact that it's still in the developement phase makes it all the more impressive. You can always download the old Music hub app to enjoy the fluidity of the old music player. I never really utilized Xbox music, and really only use it because I still use the Zune player on my laptops and the music carries over. I used Nokia Music, and 8track. Cortana rivals Siri and Google now, even in the embrionic stages so I can only imagine how good it will be once it gets upgraded for the official release. The start screen is simply a work of art. My friends that own iPhones and Andriods are always salivating over it. The Guiness Book of World Records for speed of texting was set using Word Flow...enough said. File manager, apps to brigde the Me tile intigration gap, the new E11 which is awesome. Action center. I can go on and on. I'm sure there are those who would gladly swap places with you to be able to use 8.1 and deal with the issues.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The first Xbox Music update was met, however it only added Cortana integration and didn't actually fix anything.

The second Xbox Music update should have been out a few days ago, right? So, they're a bit late.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
being as this is still in the developers preview, I think they can afford to be a little late. The key is getting it right before the actual release. Again, I think we've been spoiled by being able to have access to the 8.1 update as mere users and not just developers.

SammyD_L625

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
The first Xbox Music update was met, however it only added Cortana integration and didn't actually fix anything.

The second Xbox Music update should have been out a few days ago, right? So, they're a bit late.

No they're not. Last update was on a Friday 2 weeks ago. Right on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium