Home screen animation reverted to old WP 8 home screen animation

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Watching the animations side by side there's little difference but really noticeable. 8.1 animations has more turn and drop down windows (like tapping on the letters on app list, or choosing a ringtone/accent color) gives a more pronounced flipping effect. The 8 animations are more subtle, and has less curve turning animations. It's hard to explain but it's there and noticeable.

Glad I haven't updated any system apps.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I've noticed this change post update.. I preferred the new animations, but I'm more encouraged to hear of battery improvements. Ive noticed my 920 being a bit more variable than usual but I'm cool with that being the dev preview. Has anyone had problems with homescreen tiles remaining transparent for a second or so when scrolling quickly, before icon info loads? Wondering if the recent system updates have improved this for anyone...?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Holy moly I only just noticed this when I looked carefully at my animations - I have noticed that the animations on my 1020 are now a tad smoother than what they were when I first updated... but it's shame because the new animations to/from the Start screen were cool :(

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I recently flashed my 920 to stock rom because of my kids corner doesn't have a customize tile. I updated everything to black, even the system apps, then I reinstalled 8.1 and animations didn't change.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a video of this? I also did not notice and difference to any part of my phone after installing the latest extras+info

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
The animations are definitely different, back to old ones. The most obvious one I noticed is when opening a thread in the messaging app. The new animation was better. I want it back :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss