Nokia Windows phone odd screen display

rambonudge

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi all! I'm new to this, and really not a tech head at all. Today, my 4 month old Nokia Windows phone is displaying a strange image. (Im sorry, I do not know the model) I have tried to turn it off, no luck, reboot, holding the 'on' button and the 'volume down' buttons for 10 seconds (as per forums recommendations). Re-boots with the same screen. The battery is charged. I cannot turn it off at all, just the screen is stuck on, displaying this symbol. Any ideas?

[1]: http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/rambonudge/Strangescreen_zpsf1a20eaa.jpg
[2]: Strangescreen_zpsf1a20eaa.jpg Photo by rambonudge | Photobucket

Attachments

• Strange screen..JPG
    Strange screen..JPG
    18 KB · Views: 2

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
hey welcome to wpcentral forums :Smile:
try to do a soft reset (this wont del any data ) , press volume down + lock button at the same time until your phone vibrates and reboots itself , if this does not solve let the phone battery die on its own and then connect it to a charger and see if it powers on normally. If all this does not work Hard Reset using buttons , press and hold the camera + volume down + power until the phone vibrates. Then release the power key and keep pressing the camera + volume down for a few seconds.

AMRooke

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Be aware that doing a hard reset will set the phone to factory settings for the latest installed version of the OS. As such, a hard reset will lose any data that has not been saved to the cloud or a PC. However, if your phone is frozen, and a soft reset won't help, a hard reset is the next best option. If a hard reset doesn't help, your 4 month old phone should still be in warranty. If it isn't under warranty, there is always the option to use Nokia software to force a restart or flash your ROM (this is also the way to remove AT&T from a Lumia, if that version of the OS is on your phone, and then you can get the features that AT&T blocks).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077