Temporary and Other files piling up??

AnirudhBhat

May 9, 2014
Visit site
We all love our windows phone. Be it a 1520 or 625 or an ATIV S or even an 8X we proudly call it a Windows Phone. Its family. No matter what end your in it's a windows phone. But hey I own a budget device with just 8 gigs of storage and the temporary files + other files are eating up my memory. The in house temporary files remover barely works. Shrink storage barely helps. So what do we do?

This is what I did for my Nokia Lumia 625 AND IT REALLY HELPED. For better results I recommend you downloading an app called Aerize Optimizer but I'll get to that later.

Other storage and temporary files have a dependence on time. After a particular period they auto-delete. This method is based on that principle.

Step 1: Go to date+time. Turn off auto adjust if it on. Fast forward your year a few years ahead. Like if its 9th May 2014. Change it to 2018/2020.

Step 2: Go to storage check and try clearing up the temporary files by clicking on "clear". (It doesnt work sometimes though. Didn't work for me once or twice.) Repeat this step a few times till it stops clearing. Temporary files would never get 100% cleaned. The least amount of space my temporary files have occupied is 89 MB.

Step 3: Restart your phone.

Other things you can do :
I use an app called Aerize optimizer. After changing your date, head to aerize optimizer and click on clear/optimise. Sometimes the memory doesn't clear up completely the first time you click, so click a few more times till it stops clearing.

The first time I tried this experiment I got about 1GB+ memory cleared up. Doing this every 2 weeks or month would keep your phone memory trim and thus you don't have to miss out on your favorite apps or games due to lack of memory. Have fun guys!

P.S. 1)Don't forget to manually revert your date and time to the present date. If you forget, you'd be getting an error when you try to download apps. 2) Manually set the date and time when you revert back cause once it so happened that I was receiving messages from the future on whatsapp. Little did I know my date and time was wrong.

Follow me on twitter @AnirudhBhatR.

Nagarajan Cena

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
My system storage is around 3.15 Gb of the total 16 Gb ... Is there a way to clear that except hard reset!!!!!! A friend mine has got only 2.5 Gb of system storage!!

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
My system storage is around 3.15 Gb of the total 16 Gb ... Is there a way to clear that except hard reset!!!!!! A friend mine has got only 2.5 Gb of system storage!!

To quote Microsoft, "These files make your phone work. You don't want to delete them - believe us."

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Welcome anirudh to WPC
thanks for the awesome tip buddy it would be really helpful for the people still having WP8 installed.
As in WP8.1 this issue is finally solved other storage never exceed than 30mb and sometimes it stay at 0 also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa