Can't sync licenses in Windows Store [Win 8/RT]

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem where I can't sync licenses in either my desktop and my Surface RT. They don't sync automatically either, but I notice this when I try to do it manually.

Tried a couple of things I read, something about resetting the store and a couple more. they didn't work.

Now, I'm beginning to think there's a problem with something in the store for my account, seeing that this happens in both devices.

Could it be that at some point I switched the region to install apps not available for my country? If that's the case, how could that be solved, by just uninstalling the apps? This problem only happened recently, after 8.1 Update 1 actually, IIRC.

[UPDATE: 09/23/14]
This seems to be fixed. Happened spontaneously which clearly means that it was something on Microsoft's side of things. Probably part of their work for Threshold and universal apps and whatnot. I'm relieved.

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am having this issue on one of my pc running windows 8.1 update (this all started with 8.1 update ) , I have a Lenovo notebook with 8.1 update 1 and licenses are synced manually and automatically. So I tried to use my mother's account on Pc and it was able to sync licences , I tried switching to local account and then back to Microsoft account but the problem still persists :sad:

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I am having this issue on one of my pc running windows 8.1 update (this all started with 8.1 update ) , I have a Lenovo notebook with 8.1 update 1 and licenses are synced manually and automatically. So I tried to use my mother's account on Pc and it was able to sync licences , I tried switching to local account and then back to Microsoft account but the problem still persists :sad:

Tell me, besides our common variable of having Windows 8.1 Update 1, did you ever change your region to get apps not available in yours? I fear this might be the case with me.
In any case, I think this is pretty much widespread and is something they'll fix at some point.

Meanwhile I paid for an app in my desktop and it won't show as unlocked in my Surface RT :/

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Tell me, besides our common variable of having Windows 8.1 Update 1, did you ever change your region to get apps not available in yours? I fear this might be the case with me.
In any case, I think this is pretty much widespread and is something they'll fix at some point.

Meanwhile I paid for an app in my desktop and it won't show as unlocked in my Surface RT :/

yes I did (for nokia mix radio and bing maps,here maps ) :straight:

spizzlee

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with region changing because I've had this issue for a while now on my desktop. My dell tablet is fine. But if I press sync more than once on my desktop it says all licenses are synced. :p Hmm.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with region changing because I've had this issue for a while now on my desktop. My dell tablet is fine. But if I press sync more than once on my desktop it says all licenses are synced. :p Hmm.

Interesting, is it fixed in your desktop now that there's a bunch of patches and a new version of the store?

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Any news on this issue?
I still have it, and I'm fed with it. Basically means I need to pay twice to use an app in my desktop and my Surface, which is CRAZY, considering all this policy about app unity across devices.
It's not an issue of mine, it's something MS needs to fix with my account in the OS I paid them for.

So I'm looking for a way to get my voice heard at MS for someone to solve it. I don't care how, as a paying customer I need it solved.

Jackalneck

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I started having this exact issue on all my PCs, it started about a week ago. App licenses fail to sync, I can receive updates and install free apps, but whenever I attempt to install a paid app, I get an error message. I have had four different conversations with MS Support, and then run through all the usual troubleshooting, (check windows update, date/time, etc) but the problem cannot be with my PCs, since they all do the same thing, there must something wrong with my account. I have never changed the region on any of my stores. I have a wild theory that using the WP8.1 preview combined with a universal app has somehow messed up the ability for my app licenses to sync. The store in WP still works fine for me, but is broken on all my Windows 8.1 Update 1 PCs.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had that same theory about WP 8.1 preview myself. At least in my case it might have something to do with payment currencies being different for the "faked USA" WP 8.1 and Windows 8.1? It's a wild guess though and not a very solid one.

But still, it's definitely a matter that's beyond anything in a computer installation, it's an attribute or error in the MS account. People say that if they use a different account they won't have the problem.

It's a shame that MS themselves can't offer support on this because that was going to be my next step.

Thanks for contributing to this thread, I'll keep you posted if I learn anything new :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo