Vibrate on calls

SammUL

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I like having the phone on the ring+vibrate mode like most users, so you can hear it when not near and to be able to notice it in the pocket while in a noisy environment, but on the ring+vibrate mode the phone does only one short vibrate before ringing (unlike my previous phones) and I usually don't notice it... is there any way to change it so that it keeps vibrating (like it does on vibrate only mode)?? Why won't it give us this basic option...

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been banging on about this since getting my first WP, and, no, you can't change it. For some reason it's vibrate THEN ring, rather than vibrate AND ring. I don't know why MS insist on doing it this way. I had hoped WP8.1 would change it, and was extremely disappointed when it didn't.

I tried contacting Joe Belfiore via twitter on this, but did not receive any response. Perhaps Dan or Sam or one of the other people who run this site can contact one of the members of the WP team on our behalf regarding this issue.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I like having the phone on the ring+vibrate mode like most users, so you can hear it when not near and to be able to notice it in the pocket while in a noisy environment, but on the ring+vibrate mode the phone does only one short vibrate before ringing (unlike my previous phones) and I usually don't notice it... is there any way to change it so that it keeps vibrating (like it does on vibrate only mode)?? Why won't it give us this basic option...
But why would you want it to vibrate and ring at the same time? It doesn't make any difference if the phone rings and vibrates at the same time or if it just rings.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
But why would you want it to vibrate and ring at the same time? It doesn't make any difference if the phone rings and vibrates at the same time or if it just rings.

It does make a difference if your in a noisy environment and you can't hear the phone.

SammUL

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Guys I searched the forums and indeed found other topics about this matter, good to see I'm not the only one who is bothered by this obvious flaw. Not only is the vibration weak (because the device is big I guess) but it isn't continuous and so it's easy to miss calls on the street. All mobile phones I ever owned before WP did it, including my last Nokia of course.

For those who didn't know, I came across a part solution, as it turns out the phone will vibrate (twice) before each ring CYCLE, therefore a short ringtone, if you don't mind having one, will give you more vibrations! I just checked it with the built in "Nostalgia" ringtone for example, and it works. Good vibrations~

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
In a noisy environment I usually put the phone on vibrate only, as chances are I wont be able to hear anything anyhow. Would be nice to have both, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb