Native Xbox Music App is region locked - WHY?!

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
The point of removing apps from the OS in Windows Phone 8.1 was to ensure that Microsoft could update these apps separately from the OS so we could get new features and improvements without having to wait for an OS level update - and so far I have had a good experience with that, however, the Music app (also known as Xbox Music) is region locked in my country, South Africa! So I am stuck using the buggy, feature-lacked version that came with the OS.

Why is Microsoft region locking the app in some countries?! The app has been updated twice with a host of features and people in countries where the app is region locked (South Africa isn't the only one) have to switch to other regions just to update the app...why would Microsoft do this?

Can someone who knows the correct channels to follow please instruct me on how to contact Microsoft to sort this out - it's ridiculous.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I guess music app will no longer be region restricted after official 8.1 update.
I am from india music app is not available in india too but for using cortana i have set my region to US thats why i got updates for all the apps which are region locked.

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I guess music app will no longer be region restricted after official 8.1 update.
I am from india music app is not available in india too but for using cortana i have set my region to US thats why i got updates for all the apps which are region locked.

You're probably right about it being available after the global rollout of 8.1 officially, but this is something you can change on the backend. It doesn't require an OS level update. I'm pretty sure it is as easy as ticking a check box. It just doesn't make sense to region lock it. It is inconvenient to have to change your region and restart your phone each and every single time I want to update 1 app.

CrackFachry

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 1520 from Malaysia updated to WP 8.1. I'm in Indonesia and set my 1520 region to US to get Cortana. Ever since the 8.1, I couldn't update the Xbox 🎮 Music app and always get the error 80070127. Any suggestion? Help

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 1520 from Malaysia updated to WP 8.1. I'm in Indonesia and set my 1520 region to US to get Cortana. Ever since the 8.1, I couldn't update the Xbox �� Music app and always get the error 80070127. Any suggestion? Help

dunno about the error. but the music app updated today. not before that. try to update now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro