Lets be honest, 512mb Ram devices suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
My 720 rocks in yellow
Each and every one where i wondered asks me about what phone is it...and its so cool with it...but crashes of WhatsApp are not because of ram it's because of WhatsApp inc

Djolle

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
To the OP...

I have 620 almost a year now from before Amber through Black and now with 8.1 DP - NEVER had (read slowly N E V E R) any startscreen redraws.

Bottom line is you dont know to maintain your device(s) in good shape. :p

Sent from my RM-846_eu_russia_201 using Tapatalk

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 520 with 8.1 is not appreciably slower than my 820 or my friend's 920 or my father's 1020.

When functioning properly, the 512MB devices run WP just as well as the higher end devices, individual apps notwithstanding.

Seems like you've had bad luck.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Can't call me picky for getting pissed the START SCREEN lags

No, but I can say something about your unrealistic expectations if you're expecting $200 results from an $80 phone. I've used other friends Android phones and they're significantly more laggy than my 520 that I keep as a backup phone.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
No, but I can say something about your unrealistic expectations if you're expecting $200 results from an $80 phone. I've used other friends Android phones and they're significantly more laggy than my 520 that I keep as a backup phone.

Since my 6xx devices cost over $200, bought in the UK btw, I'm assuming that you were talking to someone else who bought an $80 Lumia

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I had a 520 and now I have a 625 and I have never had any issues on my devices with lag, freezing or even tiny glitches when moving between apps or screens.

Maybe its how im using it, I don't know but I always make sure to only have installed what I need and only have the files on it that I need. I generally use the cloud for most things like documents/music etc.

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
What's this fantastic myth that everyone keeps peddling about 512MB ram devices being smooth and fast etc. I haven't had that experience. On my two phones, one on 8.0 and one on 8.1, they both lag at times. Both of them even have this weird thing where the home screen redraws it self and the device gets really laggy. Switching apps can be a pain,and sometimes things get slow. Overall I don't mind but it feels patronizing to here some dude with a 1520/Icon/1020 tell us about how 2GB ram is overkill and 512 is not.

Buy a better device it they do suck? , remember people buying 512 mb devices are not really power users.. you get what you pay for ! ..

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am using my Lumia 625 with no such issues such as lag, redrawing glitch etc.. Maybe some people have got bad pieces or maybe 625 works better due to 1.2Ghz processor.

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
So this post is about people nagging and complaining that their Windows phone devices with limited ram suck? Correct me if I am wrong. I have an L520, and though I won't go over the top saying that it is completely useless, I will say that if I had to choose between it and an L820, I would definitely go for the latter. Yes, my device's functions are limited, it's not the best, but definitely not the worst.

Vishnu Hs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Woah!! Devices with 512MB sucks???i have a Lumia 520...and its not giving me any problems and i mean it!! it has limited (not thaaat limited) features but still its awesome,never lags!!

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy have 512mb ram device
my phone can't play intensive game and it make my phone doesn't hot, it save my battery life so I can use it up to 2 days
yes there is a lag start screen in wp8.1 but that's due to wp8.1 not full optimize in low device, we must wait firmware update from Nokia

elmacho

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 and have to admit I have the same problem of home screen redrawing itself when I close an app and return to the home screen.With WP8,this used to happen very rarely but WP8.1 has made this a lot more frequent.The upcoming firmware update may solve this problem but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

To be frank,other than the animations and the resuming,loading screens which do a good job masking the lag, I doubt how much more WP is fluid than vanilla Android 4.0+ especially when it comes to low memory devices ,add to it the limits on app memory usage kept for the fluidity(which limit game compatibility) and lack of real multitasking and the performance becomes even less impressive on those devices.

Let me add that I generally don't have more than 4 background tasks on for tile updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans