Kinect features in wp

Meagey

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Just starting a convo idk if there is one already or not. But what are the possibilities of Kinect being the new front camera and giving you the Xbox one voice and gesture features and integrating Cortana between the 2 and instead of saying "Xbox" for it to listen you would say "Cortana" I know there's future talk about integrating them anyway but I would like to see those features in the phone

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That is an interesting idea. I'm sure that a lot of people would like this.

Perhaps that might be a feature once Cortana is developed further.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I heard they made the training app "Zumba" like this, it can recognize what you are doing and give you points...... not sure if its real, not sure if it works.

Meagey

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I think it would be sweet to just pick up my phone and have the camera see me and the phone unlock and say "hi mike" without me doing anything but if someone else picked it up they would have to do the normal hit the unlock button slide up and type a pin

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
But what happens when somebody uses a picture of your face and is able to get right into your phone? That's the problem Google had with their facial unlocking tech.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
But what happens when somebody uses a picture of your face and is able to get right into your phone? That's the problem Google had with their facial unlocking tech.
That's why you've got to have a more Kinect like camera. it can see in 3d, so therefor it can tell the difference between a 2d and 3d face. But then again, all security measures are not flawless.

Meagey

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Plus the new google ones sense motion like blinking and the Kinect phone feature will obviously be way more advanced than crap google........

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Plus the new google ones sense motion like blinking and the Kinect phone feature will obviously be way more advanced than crap google........

Not to put a hole in your security... But a blink detector can be fooled with a video of said person. Of course that and even the photo one are only security holes for people who know you. Most of the time you are just keeping strangers out. Like if you leave your phone at a bar, the person who finds it isn't going to know what you look like or have a photo of you.

Meagey

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Honestly my original thought wasn't for security just think it would be awesome to pick up my phone and have it wake up, unlock and say "hi mike" or whatever name you set up with Cortana.. I never said it was going to keep out the cia or anything...im not one who has secret documents on my phone and needs to keep others out of it..just a tech nerd who wants jarvis from ironman to be real.....

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
WP should have fingerprint security and wake up with voice feature. That will be cool for consumers and enterprises.

Enterprises can use the fingerprint technology

Normal consumers can use both the features.

Posted from Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb