Bluetooth disappeared after 8.1 Update?

davidD93

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Help!

I know pre-Update, it was done via Charms>Settings>Change PC Settings>PC and devices>Bluetooth (since I accessed it that way a few times) but I noticed the other day that the Bluetooth option has disappeared, and I cannot see anywhere online a different way to do it after installing the update.

So is it done via a different method, or has it mysteriously disappeared? If so, how do I get it back?

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Still in the same place, at least on my SP2. What device are you using? Did you accidentally disable Bluetooth in other region of the OS?

TheMajorPayne

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I've seen the same thing with my Surface 2 (RT) after not using a Bluetooth device for a while and it has been in and out of sleep mode quite a bit. It requires a reboot of the device...it's quite irritating because I might have a need to pop into a Word or Excel document and want/need to use my mouse and it doesn't recognize it because Bluetooth doesn't appear to even exist nor turned on, and there is no way to check the setting to turn it on either because the setting has literally disappeared. I've tried enabling Airplane mode and then disabling that thinking maybe that will nudge the setting to show up but with no success. It's required a restart/reboot of the device every time and then all is well until it happens again. Additionally, the battery level is immaterial here and I can have a fully charged battery or even plugged in and the result is the same.

When my Surface 2 is not flaking out with NVIDIA Display Driver restarts (this is a frequent issue requiring a hard power off) or this Bluetooth "disappearance" then it's pretty much my go device for content consumption (surfing, Netflix, etc.), emails, and basic to moderate weird processing and spreadsheet work which is a big win IMO due to the long battery life and lightweight portability. However, it's such a crap shoot due to the NVIDIA Display Driver crashes that I'm ready to give up on it entirely and MS support has been useless on the display driver problem. Next up for me is the Surface Pro 4 and at least there I hope for a better overall user experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster