Android to WP8.1 one month later rant

akiramike

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Used a Galaxy S3 before getting a Lumia 1520 and now regretting it. I can put up with the unresponsiveness of IM+ and the barebones gmail but two things are really making me regret the switch.

- Blogger refuses to work on IE and UC browser or is it the other way around. Can't upload pictures and buttons are unresponsive. Wtf. Blogger works on Firefox and Opera but not IE?
- No good Japanese dictionary compared to JED on android which is not perfect. Yes, I tried them all even the paid ones.

Minor annoyances include missing the move the cursor left or right on the keyboard and how there are so many fake reviews in the store.

I should have bought a cheap WP before jumping in the deep end. :(

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Used a Galaxy S3 before getting a Lumia 1520 and now regretting it. I can put up with the unresponsiveness of IM+ and the barebones gmail but two things are really making me regret the switch.

- Blogger refuses to work on IE and UC browser or is it the other way around. Can't upload pictures and buttons are unresponsive. Wtf. Blogger works on Firefox and Opera but not IE?
- No good Japanese dictionary compared to JED on android which is not perfect. Yes, I tried them all even the paid ones.

Minor annoyances include missing the move the cursor left or right on the keyboard and how there are so many fake reviews in the store.

How was IE when you were on 8.0? You can go back to it you know.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Below are the screenshots for blogger
da7yhy3u.png

nu4a7unu.png

emarehej.png

It works perfectly on my phone. Also another way to post onto your blog is via email.

Posted from Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

akiramike

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi ajayden.

Can you upload a picture and the click on 'add selected' cause it works for me up to that point. I would click add selected and nothing would happen.

I have not try using blogger on WP8.

Thanks.

Abhishek Upadhyay

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just tap and hold on the word you want to edit, a cursor with a small circle in the bottom will appear.
You can move that around to the desired spot and edit away.

smogg9

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I get how you feel bro, i like this platform but ive been missing android so much cus everything just works and got better looking apps with more features and quality. I kinda regret switching to wp

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Bernard Ofori

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

well may be windows phone is not for you. just leave if you feel disappointed in windows phone. windows phone works just perfect for alot people including me. am just tired of people complaining and comparing platforms like little kids. windows phone is still growing and android started the same way.if you feel other platforms works just better for you just move. its a free country.

Bernard Ofori

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I get how you feel bro, i like this platform but ive been missing android so much cus everything just works and got better looking apps with more features and quality. I kinda regret switching to wp

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

sad to hear that you are disappointed with windows phone. this shouldnt be hard i guess, just switch. we need people who can at least be a positive about with windows phone because there are Good sides of windows phone and not be biased.

akiramike

May 11, 2014
Visit site
sad to hear that you are disappointed with windows phone. this shouldnt be hard i guess, just switch. we need people who can at least be a positive about with windows phone because there are Good sides of windows phone and not be biased.

You make it sound as if I have a choice when IE just plain does support blogger! What has biase got to do with an internet browser that doesn't work like a browser? I somehow managed to upload two pictures but the blogger interface went screwy on me.

I believe there's a word for being positive when things don't work and its not biase.

Anyone have a solution for blogger and Tangomaster is not half the dictionary Jed on android is.

EwingMCSE

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Akira, you seriously sound like you need to go back.

A lot of people feel like different is bad and having to re-learn how to do things they could do very quickly before is annoying. It's a big reason people don't switch too often.

I really liked Android myself, but my Windows phone does everything I need it to do and looks better doing it. Overall it feels more fluid, intuitive and snappy as well.

I think you're irritated enough at this point that if you found an app that 3-D printed gold bars and dropped them onto your desk you wouldn't be happy.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It does seem you are unhappy. The only thing I can say is if our fellow WPC posters cannot help you solve your issues, you will have no problems selling the L1520 for a handsome price, hopefully enough to get an Android that will be better for you. My wife just picked up the 6" LG Flex and has been on cloud 9. Loves it.

Android for me? Not my thing. I much prefer WP for how I use my phone and the integration it has with the services I use. It isn't for everyone,

I appreciate you were open minded enough to try it out.

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It's not for everybody. Neither is Android and neither is iOS. This is why I don't like saying one OS is better than the other, because they're all different and fit different people's needs. If you miss the Android, then go back to it, but you're not going to get many people on here to try to convince you to stay, because we all came from another OS prior to WP and know that it's different strokes for different folks. I've actually told certain people not to switch from iOS to WP mainly because I don't think they'd get it. There are others that really love Android, and obviously those that love WP. I've went from two Androids (Samsung Moment, HTC EVO), then two iOS devices (4S, 5) then made the switch to Windows Phone and am very happy with it, but that's just me.

My very good friend just went phone shopping yesterday at Verizon, and I actually mentioned to her to look at the HTC M8 since I know she is a big Android fan. She hates iPhones and just doesn't like the WP so I wasn't going to try to persuade her. It's Microsoft's job to sell their product, not mine. Not unless they start paying me or something.

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I love how all of the crap that happens in iOS or Android nobody ever mentions, but as soon a someone discovers one little bug or glitch in WP, it's "Why is this OS such a piece of crap!!???"

Anybody that suggests that lagginess/apps crashing/screen freezes are a problem in WP but not in Android or iOS is just high. WP is far more stable across the board then either of those OS.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi ajayden.

Can you upload a picture and the click on 'add selected' cause it works for me up to that point. I would click add selected and nothing would happen.

I have not try using blogger on WP8.

Thanks.
I tried 'add selected' and it doesnt work

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon