Project My Screen App on Windows 7

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm just wondering if there's anybody got this thing work on Windows 7

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and still unable to project my 1020's screen on my laptop to date

omarahum

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
hmm
did you install additional software to make it work?

Hmmm... Some posts that may help you....
Hey guys,

I have good news and bad news.

The good:

The project my screen app is now available for download and it works :D
Link: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...4E9B-9259-0F72FDEDD153/ProjectMyScreenApp.msi

The bad:

Unfortunately the app is a Windows desktop app, not Windows Metro, but is still full screen on the desktop, making meaning you can not snap the app to the side of your screen or open it in a window and still get other work done.

To use the feature, install the Project My Phone app, activate Project My Phone in Settings, and connect your phone and run the app.

Have fun :D :cool:
Tip for those who can't get it to work:

Unplug your phone from your PC if it isn't already. Go to Control Panel, Devices and Printers. Find your phone (it may be in there multiple times), right click on it and select "Remove Device". Then plug your phone back into your PC, go to "project my screen" on your phone, and then run the application on your PC.
Actually there's a little tiny adjustment to that fix

LEAVE your phone plugged in, then uninstall all the drivers, delete it. Unplug it, delete it from devices and Printers as well.

THEN replug it back it. works.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
alright, I give up
restarted my laptop and phone several times, reinstalled the app several times, reinstalled phone's driver several times, still cannot project the effin screen...
there's nothing else I can do to make this one work

thanks for your kind suggestions, guys...
but that's it, I give up

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear you couldn't get it working. Perhaps Nokia Beamer or Nokia "Play To" might work for what you're trying to do. I couldn't find any practical purpose myself for projecting my phone screen.. but I see how it could come in handy for some.

Last edited:

tropinator

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I am able to use the project my screen app on my PC. However, I can't control the phone using my PC mouse. Has anybody been able to do that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans