Problem backing up app+settings

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Im getting the error "there was a problem backing up your settings. try again later" when I try to backup the apps and settings. Anybody in the same boat?

jasnils

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 930 Windows Phone 8.1. Delete backup before new backup worked for me too. The "manage backups" is somewhat misleading, if you are used to Time Capsule backups on Mac OS X. There are no visible and manageable backup instances in this view.

Nancy546

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Currently I am using a Ahsay software for backup.Ahsay Backup software is a robust cross-platform backup solution which allows businesses and managed backup service provider to backup virtual machines, databases and servers to local/mapped network drive, locally hosted backup server, or online backup server hosted in datacentre. I would like to suggest you to try this software, because its freeThanks.

AdrianoTiger

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I had also the same problem.
Removing the backup from the phone doesn't help. You need to open OneDrive webpage with your PC and remove the backup in the OneDrive settings.
This will also not solve your problem. You have to remove some beta apps from the phone.

After all, you will still not able to make a backup, but after the first backup fails (with the same error you post here) you can make another one and it will work (maybe).

Edit: I also renamed the phone, after the backup was never made.

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Best of luck mate, this 'bug' with 8.1 OS has been around for as long as 8.1 and still no fix from MSFT. Everyone will tell you to delete old backup, turn of text backup, change lock screen picture, remove apps (?) etc, etc,. Like many many others I have tried just about every combination of 'fixes' and never got this lame excuse for a backup to work. When my partner was recently prompted by her L620 to backup she duly tried - only to get the same "There was a problem... " error message. Anyway note that even if you do get some sort of backup to run it will not be a proper device backup, just 'links' to re-install apps etc. There is no Windows Phone device backup that I know of and MSFT seem disinterested in providing one that works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss