Birthday's duplicating in calendar since 8.1 upgrade

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone else found that some of their contacts have started showing their birthday twice in the calendar? It's not all contacts, and appears to be Facebook only doing this, but only started happening since the 8.1 upgrade. Strange but cannot figure out why it is happening or how to sort it.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This happened for me way before 8.1, but I could never figured out why it happened. In fact, when I updated to 8.1 it STOPPED happening for me. I don't think it's related to OS version.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Probably your Facebook birthdays that are shown directly in 8.1 (and also via your live account); you can get rid of them in the calendar settings.

ljharper

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Probably your Facebook birthdays that are shown directly in 8.1 (and also via your live account); you can get rid of them in the calendar settings.

This. I noticed the same thing, but they were different colors which alerted me to the fact they were coming from different account calendars - both Facebook directly, and also through my Facebook account's connection to my MS Live account. I switched OFF display of Facebook birthdays in the Calendar settings, that way I still get all the FB birthdays PLUS any that I have manually added to my Live account.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For me the duplicates are Facebook (the same colour in the calendar). I'll try disabling calendars to see if there is a "perfect" way to use this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo