Will you stay on Windows Phone 8?

nicolas_as

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm not switching back to WP8, I really liked 8.1 Cortana is awesome, the word flow keyboard is nice too, the notification center I never really missed from Android.
The only thing that I really don't like is the games not in a hub anymore

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not switching back to WP8, I really liked 8.1 Cortana is awesome, the word flow keyboard is nice too, the notification center I never really missed from Android.
The only thing that I really don't like is the games not in a hub anymore

Cortana and word flow is not available here in Sweden so that i don't miss. Except from Xbox Music and the hubs i also hated that games are in the apps. There's also the tiny details like moving the cursor which became cumbersome in 8.1. App lags and various other issues was also annoying.
Like somebody already said, i would have been happy with the new start screen and notifications and center would have been enough.
Still, happy for all who likes 8.1, just wish i could be happy with it also.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I realized how little of important ME Tile and FB/Twitter Integration into the OS were.

OMG, I actually forgot about the Me Tile! I do miss the FB integration only because it seemed so much faster to see What's New. Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but for some reason I thought the old WP8 was much faster to just see FB updates in the People hub.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Have a 520, 928, and Icon. Will keep them all on WP8 as long as possible. Haven't even hard reset my 928 yet despite around 11 GB wasted in Other Storage.

Tried the DP and if it had been the simple upgrades long rumored, I think it would be a different story. Instead, they changed a lot of things, a lot of things that didn't changing, and not for the better IMO (especially UI/UX elements).

Will probably stick it out for awhile, by the time my contract is up in August 2016 with Verizon I'm sure they will be itching to get me off unlimited data as well, perhaps that will be time to try something different and maybe consider another carrier.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my Lumia 1520 to replace my 920 last month. I love it, I love the phone.. Windows Phone 8.1 is nice and all but I am missing a lot of the core features of WP8 that made me fall in love with it..

First, like you mentioned, the hubs. The notification center is a really nice addition but the hub is basically where I used to go for notifications and I love how integrated Facebook was with WP back in the 8.0 days.

Another thing I really wish Microsoft didn't remove was the Facebook integration on Messages. I absolutely LOVE how Facebook messages and text messages were integrated into one app. When I first bought the 920, I did not know about this feature and when I saw how it worked I absolutely LOVED it. Another thing is Facebook is blocked in my office and the app basically bypasses it. I don't need the BS that is my news feed, I just needed chat and it worked flawlessly.

The very sole reason I switched from iOS to Windows Phone a year ago was because of the intuitive and good looking music player. Music+Videos was literally FLAWLESS in my book back then and I liked it more than I liked the music player on my iPhone but MS again changed it for the worst and this is probably the biggest annoyance I have in WP 8.1. Tags are horribly wrong, album art wont show up in ALL of my music (like WHAT).. Seriously I buy CDs and rip them on my PC (yep I still buy music physically, I'm a music snob lol just kidding, but I buy CDs not download them, I just like it that way).. I don't buy music on iTunes so I manually tag my songs and put album covers which is disappointing since my Windows Phone wont recognize my tags. Frustrating as it gets, I downloaded the Music Hub Tile but I absolutely wouldn't PAY for the app that is actually inside my phone, ridiculous.

To cut the long story short, I have mixed feelings with 8.1.. I love the notification center, Cortana, the tile backgrounds.. but in my opinion losing the core features where Windows Phone was supposed to be unique and stand out is a killer for me. But all of us have to move on from this.

I want to revert back to WP8 until MS gets it right with WP 8.1

As for me staying on Windows Phone, it depends. All I want is a music player that works, if that doesn't change then I'm really sorry, it's been great but I wouldn't really settle for anything less. Although hopefully Microsoft improves their music app.. I know they are doing their best but PLEASE.. It's been a frustrating couple of weeks with Cyan just because of the music player. Maybe you guys can't see the point of my rant but as a person who lives with music, it's really frustrating. I mean the app randomly stops playing music and the only way to get it to work again is to restart the phone. At the gym once, I had to restart my phone THRICE and that's on top of the wrong tags and slow player.

I will stay with Windows Phone if they give me a stable music player. I'm giving them one year (a long time just because I love WP) and if they don't give me what I need, I'm switching to Android, probably an HTC One (M9) if that's what it's called next year.. No iOS for me anymore, I am in no hell paying an extra 200 bucks for the 64 GB version.

EDIT: Oops. I thought this was about WP in general :cool: Anyways, just read the first half and disregard the last two paragraphs :eek:rly:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12