HERE Drive and 8.1

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have an update. I uninstalled Here drive+ and deleted all downloaded maps and then downloaded the app again and now the issue seems to have been resolved. I no longer get the Bluetooth broken issue. I have Mazda cx5. Hope this helps

Thanks! Do you mean the voice prompts now go over Bluetooth audio?

wibodevroomen

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Brand new Lumia 930 here, deleted all maps, uninstalled Here Drive+, reinstalled it.
Windows phone 8.1 Lumia Denim in combination with Sony MEX-BT3900U

After reinstall the Bluetooth setting "Use an alternate Bluetooth audio connection for speech" has some effect.
When checking it, the Lumia doesn't initiate a voice call anymore, the annoying beep is gone.
Still missing the first 1-2 seconds of speech from Here drive+ while listening to the radio.
It's now switching the Sony to Bluetooth audio to play the turn by turn speech.

Does anyone know why this can't be fixed?

Regards.

Tobias Ernst

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I just switched to Lumia 1020 / WP 8.1 / HERE from my old Pureview 808 with Nokia Here. My car is a Dacia Lodgy with a Dacia radio and I mostly listen to the radio rather to music from the phone.

For me, HERE on WP 8.1 sends the navigation voice via Blutetooth to my Dacia Radio. Music gets interrupted, (no fading whatsoever), I hear the navigation instructions (completely, no cuts, but way too loud in comparison to the radio), then the music comes back. It works. But it drives me crazy.

I usually only need like 30 % of all the navigation instructions (e.g. when they say "turn right in 300 m", that's perfectly fine for me, in most situations I don't need another "turn right now"), sometimes I have HERE on because I am driving to an unknown destination, but I know 80% of the route that leads there and only need it on the last bit of the route, etc.

From my PUreview 808, I am used to a behaviours where phone calls get put through via Bluetooth, but the Here navigation directions come from the mobile device itself, not meddling around with the radio audio at all. It might have been a bug, but I liked that behaviour because I could continue to pay attention to my favourite radio show or listen my favourite music in those situations where I do not really need the voice instructions.

So what I would like to have is a configuration option to use phone speakers for Here navigation even though the phone is paired via Bluetooth in Driving mode. This would also be a good workaround for you guys who have problems with getting the navigation voice through to your bluetooth device.

Generally I feel that an incoming phone call is a higher priority event as compared to navigation instructions. That's why I want the navigation instructions to be floating nicely and non-intrusively in the background, whereas a phone call is allowed to interrupt my listening experience.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Still broken on a Lumia 1520 with Denim. Related, if you have ever tried to look up info on Bluetooth audio API's, maybe I'm not looking in the right pace, but the info I found was amazingly incomplete and unhelpful. I have been trying to find any detail on how to make WP pick either the hands free profile or the audio profile, and I couldn't find anything clear.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, on the lastest W10 version (build 10166) the navigation voice in the new Maps app still comes over the phone profile. Kind of pathetic. This works fine on a freaking Amazon Fire Phone with Here Drive installed. Boo MS.

I don't have any issues with the audio in waze so I think you need to put the blame on Nokia's Here app, not MS.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Except Here is discontinued on WP10, replaced my MS Maps, at least that's how I understand it. The end result is a maps app that has the same problem as Here Drive had in my car. I do agree that it's an app problem. Garmin has worked fine since the beginning when it comes to using the audio profile.

I haven't used WP10 yet but I think you're confused. Bing maps replaces here maps. Those have nothing to do with here drive, that's still a Nokia app.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used WP10 yet but I think you're confused. Bing maps replaces here maps. Those have nothing to do with here drive, that's still a Nokia app.

Im 99% certain that im confused, but there is a MS maps app that integrates mapping and navigation, using Here data (which uses navteq? Yep, confused)

Jimmy_Ricardo

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a Sony aftermarket radio in my car with this issue, the solution for me is keep pressing source, untill it is on bt phone mode, then the instructions are no longer missing the first part, I yet wish I could play music while using maps but it is at least a work around untill Microsoft WAKES UP!!!!!!! and stop the silly support questions when people have questions, I work in IT and know it is never solved that way.

yipsan

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, but only on one of my vehicle, not both. Phone is 1020 on dp, stereos are both alpine. On one of the alpine, a w530, it works, navigation voice only works on bt mode. So, if you are listening to any other source and phone is connected to stereo on bt, then no navigation voice is heard. But at least if I am also streaming music through bt, I can also have drive going on and hear all the voice guidance. On the other stereo, a 143bt, voice call and receive works, navigation would be just a silence! No matter if listening to radio, or streaming music through bt. Very frustrating. I also tried here drive on an iPad, bt connected to this stereo, same problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6