How to share music with Bluetooth on surface

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I can not figure out how to share songs with Bluetooth from my surface to another device. I connected/paired the devices but when I clicked on the song and clicked share, it said that I could not share them. How do I make this happen?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
With the RT, always start pairing from devices and printers, add a device.
From the surface you can either right click the BT icon, send a file. Then follow the prompts
Or, start with the song, right click, send to, Bluetooth device.
If these don't work, unpair and pair again from 'add a device'.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This same problem is bugging me to no end also.

My experience here is some devices work flawlessly and others won't.

Haven't been able to link and send any files to my phones or laptop over BT from the RT or WP8.1.
Then I can stream music over BT to our RV's audio system no sweat.

I thought the BT protocol versions for certain devices may have been incompatible.
Not the case however since the RT seems to have a late version which of course backwards compatible.

Which other devices aren't co-operating for you?

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Ironically, my Windows Phone and surface can't share files over Bluetooth. I tried forever! They were both paired, but it kept saying that I couldn't share it. The song was in my music folder, so it wasn't streaming or anything.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Ironically, my Windows Phone and surface can't share files over Bluetooth. I tried forever! They were both paired, but it kept saying that I couldn't share it. The song was in my music folder, so it wasn't streaming or anything.

With the RT, always pair from devices and printers, add a device.

From the surface you can either right click the BT icon, send a file. Then follow the prompts

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
With the RT, always pair from devices and printers, add a device.

Thanks, I'll try it out and let you know how it works. :)

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
How bizarre, how telling of these boards and posters, that complainers are liked and thanked, yet contributions from those who have figured things out, are neither.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how u guys are having problems I share via bt from my 928 to my dell venue 8 pro and vice versa all the time. Occasionally there's a few issues but I usually just re pair the devices. When sharing files always do it on the desktop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes