WP 8.1 Means Add More Features Not Remove the Main One

Mostafa Saleh

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I talk about Xbox Games Hub and the games that shown in app list

wpcentral made vote about this and all people said that games in app list is bad

so the answer from Microsoft be remove games hub ! :angry:

Xbox Music , Games , Video Hub is red line for OS you can't remove it

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe something new is coming....

In the meantime, you can use one of the SmartGlass apps to track achievements and xbox live messages/friends.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If something new is coming, then it is misleading to the new users who may be looking to migrate to the 630 from a feature phone. They will look at ios / android and wonder why windows phone doesn't have a "games centre". Furthermore it will create confusion as there are bound to be devices running 8.0 in a store which would have the games hub and games not in the app list... Windows phone has seriously become disjointed experience imo.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Users aren't being misled, the games app has only been hidden in Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview.

We can't really jump to any conclusions until WP8.1 is released to the general public or until Microsoft declare what's going on. There might be another Games app update that does something else - we just don't know yet.

What we can't really do is assume that the Games app has disappeared and won't ever never come back again and that the games themselves are just going to be separate apps.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Maybe Microsoft forgot to add some setting. I could imagine that they make the game listing in the app listing optional and if selected don't display the games app any more because its useless then. In the other case may be the games app is displayed instead of the games themselves as it was original.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Users aren't being misled, the games app has only been hidden in Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview.

We can't really jump to any conclusions until WP8.1 is released to the general public or until Microsoft declare what's going on. There might be another Games app update that does something else - we just don't know yet.

What we can't really do is assume that the Games app has disappeared and won't ever never come back again and that the games themselves are just going to be separate apps.

Fair enough, there is still time between the official launch of wp 8.1 and the 630.

Hmm maybe I should have phrased that comment better lol :p.

The reason I said that if for one reason or another, the games hub doesn't materialise I mean they took out the smart glass integration, removed the sync options, removed the uninstall function from the games hub etc.

But yeah since everything is just speculation at this point, there is no need to panic :p until Wpcentral get confirmation on the reason why it was removed. Then we can either celebrate or start a hysterical digital stampede on https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/ :D.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720