Skype contact overriding hotmail contact number when linked??

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
OK, so my wife uses Skype to chat with me from her work (no cell signal but wifi available) and to call her relatives overseas. The number in her Skype contact account is the same as her regular number except it has 011 in front for international calls. When I link the two in WP the Skype number overrides the Hotmail number, so if I call her by default it dials the international number. If I disconnect the two then I end up with two messaging threads: one for her at work and one normal. I see no way to control it, has anyone else run into this? Seems like a silly thing to make Skype dominant automatically.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That sounds annoying. Is the phone number called "Mobile" in both contacts? If so, what if you changed one of them to "Work" or another designation? (technically, you could only change that in Hotmail; she'd need to make a change to her Skype profile) Coming at this from a different direction, might Skype let her use a second/different number the way Google Voice does? Clearly I'm not an expert Skype user :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos