Huge Missing Feature: Mail subfolder alerts/notifications

Arsynic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been waiting for this feature and still nothing. Then the Action Center broke the functionality it did have. My work email has an Inbox with a host of subfolders that have rules applied to them. Currently I'm only notified if a mail comes to my Inbox. I have to manually check to see if mail has arrived to the subfolders. Technically, if a folder is synched it should benefit from alerts and action center. Previous to 8.1 I got around this by pinning the subfolder to the Start screen. This doesn't scale well when you have multiple folders that you want to be alerted on. However, it was a workaround. Now that Action Center is here I'm no longer alerted when there's a new mail in the subfolder. Is this a bug? If it is, just add subfolders to Action Center and l'd be golden. IOS does this and it works fine. Plus I don't want a tile for every subfolder. I just want an alert in the Action Center. Make sense?

fgr

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I agree with you 100% on this. I have 5 different folders that I sort mail into. When I had my Galaxy S4, I was notified when the sub folders received mail, and was able to assign a different sound to each folder also. Very useful for me. Without even pulling the phone out of my pocket, I knew if it was a message I should check right away, or if it could wait.

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree. It surprises me that the mail app was essentially untouched for WP8.1. I kind of suspect that they're making a universal Outlook app as part of the upcoming modern version of office. Paul Thurrott thinks that the entire Office suite is going to be universal apps, so it would make a lot of sense.

Unshou

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Just thought I'd add my voice to this. Very frustrating that this functionality was available in 8.0 and has been removed from 8.1. new versions are supposed to improve on functionality, not remove functionality.

I get hundreds of emails a day but I'm only interested in emails that land in certain folders so receiving notifications is essential to my job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium