Unable to update to Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview

djchris763

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm on an HTC 8XT (Sprint) attempting to download the WP 8.1 Dev Preview and I've followed the instructions but my phone will not find the update.

I setup a dev account through App Studio, downloaded the Developer Preview app (used the barcode provided by WPCentral), signed in with my Microsoft account, clicked Enable Developer Preview, accepted terms and conditions, got the "Success!" confirmation screen, checked for updates over the last few days and it just says my phone is already up to date.

I've done factory resets, reprogramming, deleting and re-downloading the app, rebooting, trying different WiFi connections, tried over LTE, in different locations.. it just won't work.

Does anyone know why this would be or how to fix it?

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Thanks

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
They stopped Dev preview rollout since 2-3 weeks now bcos of a bug that causes update to fail during installation. Haven't gone back online yet :/

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I successfully updated a Lumia 920 over the weekend for a friend with no issues so the update hasn't been stopped outright.

it may have been held back for that model/manufacturer of handset however.

unless you're already in the US or UK (your profile unfortunately doesn't say). it may be worth changing the region and language settings to either of those and trying it again.

djchris763

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the U.S. .. thanks for the info guys. Does anyone have a link to the forum post and/or info from Microsoft about the update being stopped for HTC devices?

thanks

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm on an HTC 8XT (Sprint) attempting to download the WP 8.1 Dev Preview and I've followed the instructions but my phone will not find the update.

I setup a dev account through App Studio, downloaded the Developer Preview app (used the barcode provided by WPCentral), signed in with my Microsoft account, clicked Enable Developer Preview, accepted terms and conditions, got the "Success!" confirmation screen, checked for updates over the last few days and it just says my phone is already up to date.

I've done factory resets, reprogramming, deleting and re-downloading the app, rebooting, trying different WiFi connections, tried over LTE, in different locations.. it just won't work.

Does anyone know why this would be or how to fix it?

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Thanks

You mentioned doing a hard reset, did you sign into the developer preview after that? I just had to in order to get the update myself. Good luck!

Matt Olimb

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
it downloaded for me but nothing happened. same OS in settings . now it wont work. sprint says its coming this summer ITS SEPTEMBER. im extremely and probably unreasonably impatient but this is a bit ridiculous that its been so long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss