Limited Wi-Fi issues.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The bad part is, it keeps data sense disabled while you're still using data. Network data. I've streamed Youtube and then notice my Wifi signal said Limited and a nice chunk of my monthly data was now consumed, as well.

I only notice it goes to limited when the signal is really weak. Why not just disconnect though?

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
After updates to 8.1.0.12393.890 on Lumia 620 WiFi reception is definitely weaker than before with 8.0. Usual suggestions regarding resets, turning WiFi on/off etc. make no difference. Maybe the 620 needs a firmware update to fix this but open to any suggestions meanwhile.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Still the same behavior. As Samuel L Jackson says on the credit ads, I have to reboot the phone "every damn day" when I get home from work. After being on the office Wi-Fi all day it is always limited when I get home.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I have had this happening to me almost daily at random times with my 7.8 Lumia 900 (I barely use it anymore though) and my Lumia 1520. I think it's because of Time Warner Carp's horrible internet.

Maybe if, by a very small chance, everyone who has replied to this thread had this happen while using TWC's internet, that could be the issue?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Weird that I'm not having those issues anymore, I used to get them before the newest DP update came out, now - none.

sonyarouje

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I updated to WP8.1 DP on my Lumia 920. Router at my home works in 5G and 2.4G mode. I got wifi issues if I connect to 5G network, works fine with 2.4G network.

xArgieboy

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Well now happens from time to time, not frequently as before I guess. Though, now i'm back in my room, got tired of the living room so came back here xD. The phone signal shows just 1 little dot of strenght and then I check again maybe in a minute and it's full. So I really don't know if it's working good or not. The PC bars show 4/5 5/5 all the time.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Well now happens from time to time, not frequently as before I guess. Though, now i'm back in my room, got tired of the living room so came back here xD. The phone signal shows just 1 little dot of strenght and then I check again maybe in a minute and it's full. So I really don't know if it's working good or not. The PC bars show 4/5 5/5 all the time.
Same problem here... Shows limited when PC is showing good shows 1 signal when PC is at 4-5

Srinath Santhanam

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am using Lumia 1520 with DP8.1, I had this problem for quiet a while, i even tried with 4 different routers and setting but still the "limited and no internet access issue prolongs."

It doesn't fix even when i turn the wifi on/off, tried with the flight mode or when i turn off and turn on the phone. While all the other devices connected to the same wifi works just fine.

Hope there will be a fix for this in the 8.1 official release.

So do all the 1520 users face the same problem?

oelapoel

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...nnect-wifi-but-no-internet-shown-limited.html

I did open up new thread regarding this issue... I am still having this issue from time to time... actually, it went good 100% for the past 7 days, and suddenly the issue started again 1-2 days ago, until now...

Still no solution, and I still believe its wp8.1 issue..

one workaround solution: ROUTER/MODEM -> PC (use spotify)-> NL1520 = ALWAYS connect 100%

jbasilio

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I've been having this issue with my Lumia 1020 as well. It will go limited while at home randomly, and either turning the phone off/on, turning off/on wifi, or going into/out of airplane mode fixes it temporarily.

I have an airport extreme and time capsule that are bridged over a TP-Link wall plug. Initially I thought it was my 5GHz network since my girlfriend's iPhone was having issues too, but now that we only use the 2.4GHz network I'm still having problems. This is even after resetting and re-creating all our network settings.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Happens almost everyday on my 928 when I get home from work. Turn on/off wifi or the phone seems to fix it. I don't remember ever seeing it happen while I'm at home. Only the first time it tries to connect. To me it seems an issue with changing from work wifi to home wifi.

oelapoel

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

SirPwn4g3

Jun 5, 2009
Visit site
For some time now my 1020 on the latest DP would have terrible wifi speed, then go to limited connectivity, then no internet. Meanwhile my wife who has a 1020, also on DP with all the updates has no issues at all. I decided to roll back to 8.0 so I could get Cyan and see if a release build would fix my issues. On the bright side I've yet to get no internet, but I still frequently get limited connection, which is just as bad. No settings have changed on my home network.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb