8.1 new lockscreen

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
By the way, do you know in developer preview you can turn off the phone even it's locked? I think it's a very big bug( �� ), just hold the power button a few second and done, it's even don't need password. If you lose your phone it's great chance for thieves!!

Big.M

Wow. I'll have to keep an eye out for thieves stealing my phone so they can...turn it off. /s

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's not released yet. It will be developed by Rudy Huyn. Not sure if it will be an app or a bundled feature. Most probably a bundled feature.

It's not an app , it will be a part of windows phone 8.1 design language(for lock screen )joe twitted this way back in April that dynamic lock screen will not be included in developer preview program but it will be included in final build. Rudy Hyun is helping them by developing some nifty themes like Tokyo theme , etc.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
By the way, do you know in developer preview you can turn off the phone even it's locked? I think it's a very big bug( �� ), just hold the power button a few second and done, it's even don't need password. If you lose your phone it's great chance for thieves!!

Big.M

That's not a bug, unfortunately its just not a feature I believe. I don't think that feature is even that common these days.
Would be a welcome addition though.

Wow. I'll have to keep an eye out for thieves stealing my phone so they can...turn it off. /s

c'mon, its a legitimate concern, I heard iOS did it in 7, but I haven't encountered it yet. (not saying I'm a thief)

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, I think the new lockscreens will be an app. Because they are going to release the API so other devs can make their app take control of the lockscreen

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Lockmix allows you to put lots of extra info on the lockscreen already, it doesn't allow you to show it diagonally though.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lockmix allows you to put lots of extra info on the lockscreen already, it doesn't allow you to show it diagonally though.

The new lockscreen functionality is relating to the way the user interacts with unlocking the phone, not just with the display of information/text. Take a look at the video posted earlier in the thread and you'll see how the screen unlocks. The "diagonal" screen shown is only one theme - the implication is that developers can code their own transitions and come up with some really engaging ways to unlock your phone.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
That's not a bug, unfortunately its just not a feature I believe. I don't think that feature is even that common these days.
Would be a welcome addition though.
c'mon, its a legitimate concern, I heard iOS did it in 7, but I haven't encountered it yet. (not saying I'm a thief)

I can turn off my iPhone 5S even locked using the same method.

misterff1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Nah this can't be an app, it has to be included. The functionality it has can simply not be achieved with apps on Windows Phone. Question is... will be be for all WP8.1 devices or only for Nokia's......

SamiHanna

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Nah this can't be an app, it has to be included. The functionality it has can simply not be achieved with apps on Windows Phone. Question is... will be be for all WP8.1 devices or only for Nokia's......

Yeah, I really hope it will also be forbsamsungs, HTCs and huaweis. And also, if they will allow developers to make this nee users will barely notice it. They need to put this in an gdr update, and then if someone got an app in his phone it should be shown by in the start and theme selection so people can click on a theme they like. I hope Microsoft will do this because it will really get some new people!

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
This will be bundled as JOE said during his AMA that it may come in a later GDR update (which means it's for everybody out there) AFAIK. And the API will be made available to other devs also I suppose.

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
It's not released yet. It will be developed by Rudy Huyn. Not sure if it will be an app or a bundled feature. Most probably a bundled feature.

Absolutely incorrect.

Its an API which will be open to Developers, meaning the possibilities are seemingly endless. The API is still being developed but during //build/ Rudy Huyn was given a chance to develop the lockscreen. Its not only an app made by him, but its an API, which can be done by any developer. Joe Belfiore mentioned that he does not know when the API would be released

blackout2005

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for off-topic but any chance someone still have the default lockscreen wallpaper of WP 8? After updating to 8.1 preview we have some new lockscreen wallpapers but lose some old ones. For example (excuse my terrible description XD), the 'blue rain drops', 'hand drawing on the floor with chalk', and so on.

MojoDoj0

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys think this freedom in developing for the lockscreen will make it possible to go directy to a recieved message from the lockscreen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99