Is wallet broken in WP 8.1?

anon(6144864)

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have not seen this listed as a bug in the defects list, but I have a feeling that the Wallet application is broken. I have not used Windows Phone 8.0, so I'm not sure if it worked originally, but on my phone (Lumia 925, AT&T, OS 8.10.12382.0),I do not see any options for adding membership, loyalty and other cards as described in the Wallet help topic. The only options in the ADD TO WALLET screen I see are: Apps, more apps, and add Microsoft gift card. How do I add a membership card, or credit card, or something other than an app? Thanks.

Last edited:

jaypit

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
It worked fine in WP8.0, both the first and today's WP8.1 update, Wallet has not worked for me. You click it from either Settings or from the Wallet app and it goes back to the app list screen. Nothing happens. I wish more people commented on this.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Not broken, per se. This is just how WP8(.1)'s wallet app works.

You need to either use an app, or for some cards you can use Apple's Passbook format to download it to the wallet as well. Really though, it's just a near useless app.

anon(6144864)

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Not broken, per se. This is just how WP8(.1)'s wallet app works.

You need to either use an app, or for some cards you can use Apple's Passbook format to download it to the wallet as well. Really though, it's just a near useless app.
If this is the case (and after reading FAQs, it does seem like it is), then you're right: Wallet is "a near useless" app. Well, back to using CardMobili.

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Actually the latest WP8.1 update seems to have broken/removed support for passbook from Wallet. Now it asks to look for an app in the store. Hope it's just temporary, it was quite useful. My wallet still contains and correctly displays a previously imported pkpass file, but cannot import new files.

DanielSwede

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
After reading the description of the app "All my passes" I beleive that the functionality for pkpass files is still there but it is locked. If you rename the file to .pkpass2 you can use it.
Hopefully this is just a bug or even better, a sign of improvements to come

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I think you are reading it the other way round. When Wallet started supporting passbook files, it got hold of the .pkpass extension and this broke "All my passes", therefore they suggested to rename the file to .pkpass2 to keep using it. Now that Wallet support is broken, "All my passes" work again without having to rename the file.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually just found this thread searching.

I used to have credit cards in my Wallet app to use for app purchases, etc...

Going to WP8.1, it removed the credit cards, I can only purchase app's using my cellular account now which I refuse to do. It won't let me add credit cards either.

(Just for info, I'm in Canada and have the region set)

I've even gone to my Microsoft account and tried to add payment cards (I've tried adding other cards), but they won't show up in the wallet, and it won't let me use them for app purchases.

Is this a bug? Or are they moving towards ONLY cellular plan billing for app/music/video purchases?

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This did not happen in my case, the cards and PayPal accounts I had in Wallet before upgrading to WP8.1 are still in there now and associated to my Microsoft account.

PT1520

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
My wallet is broken having the same symptoms as yours. i can no longer 'buy' apps from my phone since triggering the wallet for the transaction would fail.

My workaround is to pre purchase the apps online from a browser and have the apps push down to my phone. A minor inconvenience but hope there is a fix soon?

Mihai A Zaharia

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I discovered a work around. You would have to buy an app or a game from the store. When it takes you to the payment options you'd have to add a card (cradit, debit or even Pay Pal account). That's it.

Shelle Johnson

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I click and wallet in applications and nothing happens. I've set up a card in my Microsoft account. When I try to buy a song or app it just buffers between loading and resuming.

any help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte