Music Services on WP8.1

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok all, I'm looking for help. I'm looking for a subscription music service that is good, and has a good app. Are there any honestly at this point? And services like Nokia Music don't work. I like to make my own playlists, and preferably I need offline playing too. At this point, I see it this way:

Xbox Music:
The new app is bad. It's still bad, it's going to be bad for a while I believe.

Beats Music:
Oh god that app. It has the worst navigation I've ever been witness too.

Spotify:
I haven't tried it, but I'm open to opinions.

Any I'm missing?

ephguy

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I like Rhapsody music service. I've subscribed to them for over a decade. I think their editorial content, and wide device compatibility set them apart. There Windows Phone App is pretty decent, though a bit feature sparse compared to Android/IOS. I'm mostly happy with it, though there's a bug that drives me nuts, when selecting a song from your library 'my music' or downloaded tracks, it often will start playing a song 3-4 songs away from the track you tapped to play in the list. You then need to use the track skipping buttons to get back to the track you really wanted to play.

This bug doesn't happen when browsing through, and playing albums/tracks from the catalog rather than 'my music. I'm hopeful that they'll eventually fix this bug in the next few months, and then I'll be happy.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd suggest checking out Rdio. The app isn't the best, but it's waaaaaay ahead of the Spotify.

Besides that, there's Slacker, Rhapsody, and many more! :D

Really each one gives you a sort of free trial, so just try each one and then keep whichever you like best. The Rdio app can be used *without* a subscription though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss