Need help regarding 1320 and wp8.1 update.

therr2

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Can somebody help me? I bought my 1320 a few weeks back and tried installing the 8.1 preview update on it. Every time, the pre-update would install successfully. But for the 2nd part, after downloading, 'preparing to install' successfully and showing cogwheels, it suddenly stops and says "Update was downloaded but could not be installed."
I then tried to hard reset my phone and every time, my phone bricked badly. It shows the cogwheels which show no progress and after a few minutes, a sad smiley face shows up. This thing keeps going on in loops forever. It's happened thrice now.

Can anybody tell me whether this problem has been fixed or if there's a solution? I am kind off afraid to do it again tbh. Should I just wait for the official update?
Thanks in advance. :(

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried using the Nokia Software Recovery tool? Maybe starting with a fresh phone will help. I have a 1320 running WP8.1, and all went successfully when I tried to install it. I hope you are successful soon.

therr2

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, actually the Nokia service center did that. Thrice. But no changes.

Thanks for replying though. :)
Btw, when did you update your 1320? This month? Because alot of people having 1320 seem to be having the same issue.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, that's too bad. I was hoping your solution would be simple. I hope someone here can help you better than I could.

I updated my 1320 the day the update was released. It actually runs extremely smooth. In fact, my 1520 is at Nokia right now being repaired because it went completely crazy after the update. 😊
Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans