News on WP8.1 Developer Preview Update 14-May-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have problem with Viber after update? Cant recieve or send messages. *Sigh*

Now I have to reinstall and lose all messages history.
Sucks. Luckily once app writers update, and make use of wp8.1 (if they choose to) all of that Info will be backed up with your phone settings so it will come back after a hard reboot.

Remco de Wit

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
-batterly life still poor
-feels more fluid
-alarm function working again
-bluetooth with parrot carkit working now

Thats it for the moment

l920 netherlands

anon(5348929)

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Battery life for me is much better. Right after the update was finished at about 8:15 it was at 73%. And that's where it is now (10:45). That's really great! (Lumia 1020, 3g data switched on, wifi off, bluetooth off)

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
YouTube now show a quality selection button, like it showed in WP8. Before this small update it was only high quality html 5 video. But now you can tap that HQ button to switch to low quality. Also some changes in reading mode in IE11. It supports more websites now.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Sucks. Luckily once app writers update, and make use of wp8.1 (if they choose to) all of that Info will be backed up with your phone settings so it will come back after a hard reboot.

​Looks like it was problem on Vibers end. Luckily I decided to wait and now it works.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Guys since I updated I noticed that whenever screen is off, proximity sensor is always on. Is it with everyone?
To check please go in a dark room and see for a red light near call speaker when screen is off. It just randomly started appearing yesterday after update.
If proximity sensor is always on then it'd consume more battery. :|

EDIT: NVM I just read somewhere that maybe Its because of double tap to wake, to prevent phone to turn on in pocket!

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
before this update when i charge my phone 925 it appears 1day and 22hours left, today i left it charging all night after the update and only 1 day 1 hour left... maybe its the first cycle... otherwise didn't get better at all...

brain box

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Notice that the Skype button on the active call menu was switched to a general video icon that allows you select your desired video calling app rather than just subjected to Skype... Pretty cool😃

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Notice that the Skype button on the active call menu was switched to a general video icon that allows you select your desired video calling app rather than just subjected to Skype... Pretty cool😃

Edit: Just looked and the "Skype" button is still there on the call screen. Maybe we have to have at least one more video calling app installed to have the "general video icon"?
I think it would be cool if we all had a universal/standard video call function. In other words, if my girlfriend calls me from her iPhone with Facetime, I should be able to answer it with Skype (or whatever) on my Windows Phone and enjoy a video call session. Sadly, it doesn't work this way, and she has to use Skype for iOS if we want to do a video call between us. :(

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Notice that the Skype button on the active call menu was switched to a general video icon that allows you select your desired video calling app rather than just subjected to Skype... Pretty cool��
Go to settings -> Applications Tab -> phone -> Scroll down to "Video Calls", there you can select the default video call app. For now though Skype is the only app in the list.
If you uninstall Skype, the general video icon appears on the calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans