anyone else having have trouble downloading recent update to 8.1?

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
So, when I went to download the recent update to 8.1, but originaly was pretty slow to download, then when it finally went to install and reboot my phone, it then turn black and showed me a big low battery icon. It then didn't turn back on until I hit the power button again. (the odd thing is I had well over half my battery left.) it then started the install and rebooted and seems ok now.

But I'm wondering if the download went through ok. It seemed odd that it did all this and I'm curious if any one else had these issues?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My phone had about half battery when I installed the update. I plugged it in just in case.

By the time the update was done I was down to around 10% battery. It caught me off guard considering my phone was plugged in the whole time.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So, when I went to download the recent update to 8.1, but originaly was pretty slow to download, then when it finally went to install and reboot my phone, it then turn black and showed me a big low battery icon. It then didn't turn back on until I hit the power button again. (the odd thing is I had well over half my battery left.) it then started the install and rebooted and seems ok now.

But I'm wondering if the download went through ok. It seemed odd that it did all this and I'm curious if any one else had these issues?

What phone do you have?

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Your fine mine did that with the original wp8.1 and update. It would show the low batt icon even though I had 90% and it was plugged in. Unplugged mine and plugged it back in and was fine. Each time the update went through though. I have a 920 as well. Took me back the first time it happened until it I noticed it went through. No soft or hard reboot needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte