Living Images work now after PD 8.1 update today

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
The no way to turn it off, is really stupid if that's how the non-beta version is going to work. I like the feature, but I will not update the Camera app if it's going to be the default without an on-off switch in settings.

kishtyle

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I just saw the video posted by bemiquel and as he says he got the live images working on Nokia Camer Beta not Nokia Camera app. So abviously it is not available on Nokia Camera app. Now how to find the Nokia Camera Beta app, I dont find it in the windows phone market place. Can bemiquel or any one post the link for Nokia Camera Beta app?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

kishtyle

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
As living images are not working with everyone with Nokia camera beta app, can someone give the version of Windows phone 8.1 they have so that we can identify actual update that supports this feature. Also please give the country you live in just to know if it's released in only few countries.

Thanks in advance.

antodelg

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Not working for me (with regular images)

RM-875_eu_euro2_242 (In bought it Germany, but i'm using it in Spain)
WP 8.10.10.12382.878

Francisco Amestoy

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
To get it working on my 1020, I had to:

*Install Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview
*Install Latest Version of Nokia Camera Beta
*Go to settings, swipe left, camera+pictures (or something, my phone's in Spanish) and "Reset Camera"
*Then, open Nokia Camera Beta app, go into settings and "Reset Camera to defaults".

That's all. Now I've got living images on every Still shot (NO Smart Cam!)
Remember that, in order to see them, you have to open de gallery from the Camera Beta app, NOT the Photo Gallery.

Downsides: Shooting videos became unstable when zooming into full distance (acts like if the hardware weren't enough to handle it)
Also, automatic video playing in the camera roll doesn't work properly (when you swipe through your pics, video doesn't always start playing).

antodelg

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

*Go to settings, swipe left, camera+pictures (or something, my phone's in Spanish) and "Reset Camera"
*Then, open Nokia Camera Beta app, go into settings and "Reset Camera to defaults".

Remember that, in order to see them, you have to open de gallery from the Camera Beta app, NOT the Photo Gallery.

Downsides: Shooting videos became unstable when zooming into full distance (acts like if the hardware weren't enough to handle it)
Also, automatic video playing in the camera roll doesn't work properly (when you swipe through your pics, video doesn't always start playing).
Funciona! muchas gracias!.

It works!! thank you!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

awesome, it's working now. Big big thanks. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss